• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

abs

1. D

K1200RS brakes - gone

after a tiny fall, my brakes started to have problems . . Same ol ABS issues as most. Faults on dash, etc. But worked. Flushed ABS system and lines, and it worked to get rid of faults, to my shock. Went for a quick ride and all was well. Put it all back together and then battery died...
  2. E

ABS Lights 2004 R1150RTP

Greetings, I bought my 2004 R1159RTP from a police auction with ~35k miles. I stripped out 10 lbs of police wiring, and much to my surprise it started right up! (I feared I would remove something crucial and would brick the entire bike.) It seems to have been well maintained. This summer...
  3. N

2007 R1200GS front ABS air gap too large

Hi All, I've just joined (still trial) and am hoping to find useful perspectives here. A couple weeks ago I picked up this 2007 R1200GS and noticed the "brake failure" indicator stays lit while riding. Sometimes on startup it's off, but the first time I apply the brakes it illuminates and stays...
  4. M

1999 R1100RT Front wheel replacement.

We purchased a front wheel for our 1999 BMW R1100RT from Ebay. Note, the numbers stamped on the wheels match but I hear this is not the true BMW part #? According to https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51680&rnd=07242017 my front wheel should e part # 36 31 2 311 220 CAST...
  5. T

2015 R1200GSA ABS Problem

Discovered I am having an issue with my ABS module. It appears that moisture corrupted my rear brake lines. I have cleared the rear brakes and replaced the rear master cylinder. I am getting an error code on the GS911. I am planning to remove the ABS module and see if flushing it out would help...
  6. L

R1200RT ABS Sensor air ap

I sold my K after 20+ years and picked up a clean R1200RT 2005 with Issues. I have purchased: GS911 New Battery rear ABS sensor Front ABS sensor Gear potienometer (sp) I am getting an error code of 25070 - Too much slip of the rear wheel. The air gap on the front ABS front Sensor is .8mm +. the...
  7. R

03 R1150RT: Is it time for an ABS modulectomy?

A while back on this thread I asked "where did my brake fluid go?" Now I've found the answer to my own question: the ABS module itself is leaking. I dug into the bike this afternoon to diagnose a low fluid level fault code, thinking I was going to be troubleshooting the level sensors and...
  8. radiofun1

ABS Not Working/Working

I have a 1999 r1100s. As you know, the ABS lights flash back and forth upon startup and then go out once you pull away. Occasionally, the lights on my bike continue to flash after I start off. If I cycle the key off and then on while riding the ABS light go out, so assume (perhaps falsely) that...
  9. S

02 R1150R intermittent rear ABS fault

I am hoping someone can help shed some light on this intermittent and annoying problem. I have recently started to experience a problem with my rear ABS circuit. Only after parking it for a day at my work on a fairly steep incline on it's centerstand, i go to leave for the day, start the bike...
  10. F

2007 R1200 ABS fault - Power supply to pump motor faulty

Hello everyone, I have a nov '07 R1200RT with the brake fault light on. I checked the bike with my GS-911 and it returned the following error: "24048: Power Supply to Pump motor faulty The fault is not present now." So... After some research on the internet and this forum ( :) ), I suspected...
  11. F

ABS repair

Howdy folks, 2000 R1100RT, 20,000 miles. Is it possible (assuming the wheel pick-ups are good), that a line change/upgrade and total system fluid flush could restore functionality to a failed ABS? Or should I just remove the module and send it off for overhaul? Not trying to be lazy here, just...
  12. BrickFlyer

06 R1200GS intermittent ABS failure

My 06 GS runs great overall, but I have had 2 incidents in the last year when the ABS warning light continued flashing after riding off (maybe 200 yards) and I found myself with only reserve braking power. The first time it happened I stopped the bike, turned the engine off and back on and then...
  13. P

iABS problem, appreciate suggestions

I may be experiencing a failure of the iABS on my '04 1150 GS. I purchased the bike new and have done all maintenance and repairs during 48,000 miles of trips covering 44 of the States and Canada. Using funnel technique brakes were bled annually except for 2012 & 2013. Broke a few bones late...
  14. J

R1200 GS 2005 ABS Brakes Out Help!

ABS pump runs all the time once I turn the key. Grabby Front Brake and Residual Rear Brake. Pump loads up when front brake lever pulled, nothing for rear lever... Cleaned and checked micro switches at both brake levers, no rocks in calipers. Brake lights work for both levers. Both ABS and brake...
  15. rodstanhope

07 with ABS failure

07 RT with ABS failure Got the brake failure light yesterday, pulled on the lever and had no ABS. Pandora's in Chattanooga says I need module replace. I bought an extended warranty (service plan) way back when and the bike is still covered. I am currently awaiting the warranty comapany's...
  16. espressoforyou

Need Help. How do I disable the servos on 05 GS

I am getting ready to take a trip and I need to disable the servos on my 2005 r1200GS. I might have a bad wiring harness but do not have the money to replace it or the time to search for damaged wires before the trip. My servos and ABS do not work most of the time but sometimes when going slow...
  17. espressoforyou

Need help, 05 1200GS with electrical problems

I am still having electrical problems with my 2005 r1200gs. All the electronic controls on the handlebars have stopped working such as the following: Both blinkers controls Trip meter Horn button Heated grips Flashers ABS along with the servos(intermittently) Rear Brake light(tail light...
  18. 175781

Brake Failure Light-2004 R1150RTP

2004 R1150RTP. Thrice in the past two days, during or just following a stop, I had the warning (bulb) triangle and the brake failure lights come on. The triangle would go out almost immediately. The brake failure light would flash for about 5 seconds, then go out. No noticeable difference in...
  19. B

ABS repair - we found someone who is doing it!

Big update ***fixed by tyler at module master*** Well here's my big update...Tyler at Module Master (www.modulemaster.com) started to work on BMW early ABS units and became pretty good with repairing them... He wanted to start working and be able to fix servo motor ABS- I-ABS, Integrated ABS...
  20. P

Flashing ABS lights on 04 1150 GS

I took my just purchased used 04 out with my dad (on his R1200C) right before summer ended and we rode over a mountain pass forest road in Colorado that quickly got bad. The bike went down several times in rather intense rock in the washed out forest road with minor damage to side cases and a...
Back