• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k75

1. J

87 k75s CONSTANTLY (every ride) cleaning the injectors - HELP

Two years ago I picked up this 87 that sat for 10 or 20 years. I replaced the fuel pump, cleaned the tank. replaced all submersible fuel lines in the tank to the rail, cleaned the injectors and got it stumbling along. After buying Mostplus (...
  2. B

Broken K75S OEM Corbin Seat Pan Repair

Need assistance/suggestions for fixing the seat pan of my OEM Corbin seat. Specifically the rear hinge mounting point. The plastic that holds the retaining but cracked and now the seat is not connected at the team most point.
  3. D

need ignition switch for 1995 K75RT...

My '95 K75 starts great and runs great...that is, until it shuts down willy-nilly. Shutdown can be 30 seconds after starting up or at speed on the highway. Completely unpredictable. All I have to do to get it re-started is blip the ignition switch off and back on. Easy when in higher...
  4. T

1987 K75s with 95k miles -Good Deal?

Hi - I am new to flying bricks but think they are awesome! and wanted to get some opinions on a bike im interested in. 1987 k 75s with 95k miles. Offered at 3500. Bike is in excellent condition and previous owners have taken good care of it. Should i be worried by the high mileage? I know these...
  5. T

1988 K75 - Tech Help Requested

Hi All, Apologies if this is somewhere in the myriad of posts, but here goes... Having some issues with the 1988 K75, ~53k miles... Initially the bike would run pretty good for the short rides I would do (less than an hour). Then went out on a longer ride and after a couple hours it started...
  6. T

Brand new ‘91 K75 (with 87,000 miles on it)

Hello, I am a new BMW owner, having recently purchased a ‘91 K75 with 87,000miles on the odometer. It seems to run great, far smoother than my previous two bikes. The previous, and second, owner seemed to be rather meticulous about caring for it, but any vehicle needs special attention when the...
  7. S

Greetings from NE Nebraska, K75 purchase

After a year of searching, I finally bought a 1993 K75 with 46K miles. Although it is a "plain" model, it seems to have the "C" type fairing/windshield which I thought BMW had discontinued in about 1990 on the K75. Is this correct? This will be my ride to Prudhoe Bay next spring. Besides doing a...
  8. xp8103

'88 K75C H2O pump weep hole weeping..

I'm seeing a little bit o the weep from the water pump weep hole. Is this indicative of an impending replacement needed?
  9. ted

1994 K75RT - Rear Brake Master Cylinder Replacement, DONE!

As is a recurring theme in working on K75s, it was easier than it seemed. First and foremost, BIG thanks to Marshall who generously offered workspace, tools, supplies and above all experience. I pulled in behind without a doubt the most perfect 2002 I've ever seen, and next to a K75S that I...
  10. S

She LIVES!

A friend sold me an 87 K75s with 25000 miles on the clock that he had not been able to start for the last 1 1/2 years for $1200. Nice stock metallic red color, looks like it spent time at high speed on gravel roads by the look of the lower faring. Got it home and in the garage, and a week...
  11. J

Help with removing battery from a K75?

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I'm trying to remove the battery from my K75. My first time. My Clymer manual says to "insert a long screwdriver into the hole in the top cover and move it forward". I don't see mine sliding forward at all. Then I am to "pull the electrical...
  12. 6

K75 starting problen

I have a friend's K75 in my garage for a little TLC. The bike was put up two years ago due to unspecified poor running problems. What I find now is that it is very difficult to start. It misfires and locks up at random when trying to start it when cold. With some patience it can be coaxed to...
  13. A

Multivario on K75

Does anyone know if the Multivario K75 tank bag hit the horn button when turning the bars? Considering that the Multivario was designed for the K75, I'm hopping that they addressed this issue.
  14. A

k75 starter stuck sticky - Thanks!

15. S

1994 K75 sitting for six years

I have just been given a 1994 K75 (12k miles) that had been sitting for six years following a low-speed accident that injured the riders far more than the bike. The bike has only a slightly dinged gas tank and lost the right-side turn signals and mirror. The rider, however, was spooked and the...
  16. B

Idle issues '94 K75RT

I took my wife for a 400 mile ride around the Reno/Tahoe area and had a bit of trouble. The bike (1994 K75RT) ran fine for the first 200 miles but travelling from Wellington NV over the mountains and down into the Lake Tahoe area I had to stop for some road construction the bike quit and would...
  17. S

1992 K75 Fuel Tank

Got the classic leaker. Can anyone describe to me the difference between the RT & other K75 tanks, an how this particular model differs from the K100's tank. As I search and find these tanks I note some tanks "from what I'm told by seller" only fit certain models. It surely wouldn't work out to...
  18. L

K75 hard luggage/panniers

I've written to Don and Brian, but haven't heard back, so I am posting to all: You're going to think me really, really stoopid, but... the BMW side cases on my new old K75 (see photo) have handles on them that make me think one can easily take them off their mounts and bring them into the house...
  19. J

'86 K75C tank range?

Howdy. My '86 K75C goes about 100 miles before the low gas warning light comes on. I get about 40 mpg so this means each time I put about 2.5 gallons. The manual states that the tank holds 5.6 gal. Additionally according to the owners manual the light comes on with 1.3 gals left in the tank...
Back