• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

bulb change

1. B

Light bulb changing- 2009 r1200rt

How do I change the light bulbs on a 2009 R1200RT police edition?
  2. H

2019 R1250RT H7 Low beam bulb change

OMG! What a P.I.T.A. This can't be that bad. I have a little seat, I'm in my garage with all my tools. 10 mins tops! :banghead Having ridden once at night, the low beam headlight didn't wow me, so I thought I would give these Voltage Automotive H7 Headlight Bulb Polarize White Replacement...
  3. jsoque

Front Parking Light Bulb Change, 2010 R1200RT

I have a parking light bulb that is burned out for the very first time in any of my last 4 Beemers! Anyone know how I can access this one on a 2010 R1200RT? I have big hands and manage reaching my head light and high beam lights ok, but, does this require taking off my dashboard? If you have a...
  4. W

Right Low beam H7 bulb replacement nightmare 2009 R 1200 RT

Took me approximately 50 minutes to change the left side low beam bulb and THEN I have been trying to change the right bulb. It is absolutely ridiculous trying to get in there. I have seen the videos which show the left bulb being changed to include Max's video with the entire headlight assembly...
  5. J

Low beam bulb replacement for 2015 RT

I think I just blew out my first light bulb. It seems I've read about replacing them somewhere in the forum, but I don't find anything when I try searching with key words. The manual instruction seems fairly worthless.First, it doesn't mention that it's a no-see-um affair. I removed the cover...
  6. M

Changing low beam bulbs on a 2008 RT??

Riding in the mountains a few nights ago both of my low beams went out, luckily I have low mounted lights on the forks and the high beam did keep working. The following day I removed the left hand bulb, put an OHM meter on it and it was fine so I put it back in place and it started working...
  7. L

Change Bulb in Fog Light on '03 R12C Phoenix?

Can someone help me with getting to the bulb in the fog light on my '03 Phoenix? I've removed the two small allen screws on the back, by the wires. That doesn't see to provide enough room. It appears the chrome cover needs to be removed, which appears to be snapped on, but I am concerned...
  8. 137011

Headlight bulb change gone badly...

Thought I should detail this mini-disaster and subsequent workaround in case this happens to any of my MOA club mates. I was on my way to a local club meeting one Saturday this past October on my new F800GT. Turned on the ignition, the computer check did its pre-flight inside the instrument pod...
  9. moineau

Need help to fix the headlight of my 2011 1200GSA

Hi, I flew in from Frankfurt / Germany to Anchorage with my 1200 GSA and Im heading for Panama City to fly back home before Christmas. In a parking area in Alaska I tried to change the broken bulb of my headlight (low beamer). Thereby I lost the clip which keeps the bulb in position. I tried to...
  10. Omega Man

Low beam replacement-F800gs

I had to replace the low beam yesterday as I got the LAMP and and the bike was quite adamant about it :hungover It's no big deal, just unscrew the black round cover that's over the bulb (1/8th turn) and there it is. I backed out the screw on the "plain" side 1/3 of a turn and on the "bail"...
Back