• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

safety

1. R

Horrific Motorcycle Accident, FL

My daughter lost her husband in a tragic motorcycle accident, 2/11/2022 in Bradenton, FL, that was not his fault. On the back was his 8-year-old son, Jase. Dave had started a new job 3 months prior so he had no benefits and had no life insurance. His son was airlifted to the hospital and has...
  2. J

Stored 1987 k75s maintenance task list advice

Hello all - Picking up 1986 K75s (stored at least two years maybe 10) on Saturday and wondering if you don't mind providing a short/minimal/smart/effective/ordered maintenance list for a stored bike such as this. I have seen maintenance lists but I am wondering for a stored bike if it is...
  3. M

K1600 Recall Data Published in the Netherlands! IMPORTANT!

Here is what was released to Motor.NL by BMW. Apparently two gears can engage at once, causing rear wheel lock-up. I've talked to two dealers in the Midwest and they have no K's in for gear box issues. FWIW
  4. jek_ict

2016 Best and Worst Drivers by State

The Best and Worst Drivers by State Kansas ranks in at lucky number 13, and I'm surprised we weren't worse. :banghead
  5. F

Searching for ON article

I'm trying to find an article in the ON mag that was written by an emergency room doc who is a rider. I focused on all of the safe riding practices that lower risk and lessen the seeming irony of a doctor/rider. It was some time in the last 2 years or so. Can someone give me the issue this...
  6. L

Skirting the US/MEX border

Just wanted to put some feelers out for any advice or stories from the border. My friend and I are making a long distance circuit of the US starting and ending in Boston and will be traveling along the TX, NM, AZ, and CA border with Mexico for a bit. The southern leg of our journey is...
  7. drubery

Boots - BMW All RoundRound

Boots - BMW All RoundRound (Need More Protection!) While I love my BMW AllRound boots, I am looking to up the protection level for my ankles and paws. I'm not looking for an Alpine Stars Tech 10 level boot, but something in between those and where I am at now. I can only swing one pair of...
  8. tishgold

EZ Mount Light Brackets for 1200RT--usable on a Windjammer?

I just got an Omega 450 w alternator and will be using it to light up (and save) my life (from all the testerone freaks and northern drivers with a host of differing traffic laws and skills, not to mention worn out reflexes) on the Florida roads. Does anyone know if a set of EZ Mount Light...
  9. tishgold

Rear brake lighting for a R90/6

Does anyone know if the rear brake lights are normally supposed to illuminate when the foot brake is applied? Mine doesn't, however the handbrake does.
  10. M

New MSF Rider Perception Challenge / Test

Hi all, Have you seen the new MSF rider perception test's? There pretty well done, fun and informative too. :lurk Bill
Back