• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

brake bleeding

1. B

2007 R1200GS Adventure ABS module reinstall

I recently had the ABS module repaired by ModuleMasters, but I am flummoxed by the reinstall process. The module is an iABS2, also referred to as ABS IV , I think. It has no bleed nipples on the module itself. I bought the GS-911 unit so I could run the process that bleeds the module, but the...
  2. AjaxTheDog

Looking for a speed bleeder recommendation for a 2012 RT

I'd like to try some speed bleeder valves to make the brake fluid change job even faster. Can anyone recommend a particular model/brand from personal experience? I have never used these, just did the old pump-close-pump routine which if I can speed it up and not need a second person would be...
  3. J

Replacing with Spiegler brake line - 2003 K1200GT Top Line Crimps

The top brake Line on my 2003 K1200GT had a 80mm riser added and causing a problem. Prior owner and I didn't notice until recently how a left turn puts it under pressure. Solution is to order a +2 inch top brake line and replace it. Not urgent other than I want to fix a wrong. A complete...
  4. tangoalpha

R1150RT Spiegler Brake Line Install Tips?

Hi Guys. You may recall in a recent post where I mentioned ordering a set of fully sintered brake pads and a set of Spiegler SS braided brake hoses for my ‘02 R1150RT. Well the pads and the brake lines have arrived. Before I start wrenching, what I’d like to know is whether any of you have any...
  5. akbeemer

2007 R1200RT Brake Bleed Issues

I am working on a friend’s 2007 RT with 63,000 miles on it. Performed brake bleed as done several times before on this model with no issues. Attached GS-911 and performed rear brake bleed test to actuate the ABS pump. Test seemed normal; pumped functioned for ten seconds and I depressed the...
  6. P

Proper Brake Bleed Procedure Using GS911 on 2014 1200 GSW

I'm preparing to flush the brake fluid on my 2014 1200 GSW. I have a Hex GS911 but have not been able to find the proper flush sequence (including the abs unit) anywhere for a 1200 GS wethead. Do I need to flush the abs (with GS911) while bleeding the rear calipers, and then again while bleeding...
  7. B

Need rebuild tutorial for 96 R1100RS front brake master cylinder

Ok, found a great tutorial. Now I just need to know where I can get s rebuild kit/parts to overhaul master cylinder. A new master cylinder is over $500��. So, would appreciate being pointed in the direction where I can get s kit. Cheers
  8. K7GLE

silly brake fluid question

All - It always kind of chaps me that I buy a pint of brake fluid, use about 1/10 of it, then have to throw the remainder away because of the "use only brake fluid from an unopened container" commandment. My understanding of the reason for this is that brake fluid will absorb water vapor from...
  9. E

"brake failure" indicator on.

I had the rear hub recall replacement work completed on my 2009 R1200RT. It was, thankfully, not cracked but the Service department @ the Daytona Beach BMW dealer replaced it anyway. While riding the bike, with in 20 miles after the repair, the "break failure" lamp stays on, ABS does not...
  10. B

Wooden Brake Pads, huh?

I've been preparing to change my brake fluid for my first time. Just bought my first Beemer and in researching service requirements I learned about the importance of changing the brake fluid. New to me. So, I've been watching several YouTube videos and bought a brake fluid hand pump. Just been...
  11. M

Brake flush 2013 R1200RT

Is it possible to replace brake fluid (bleed) a non-servo brake system with ABS in the old fashion manner, at the calibers only...pump - squeeze - open bleeder - close bleeder - pump - squeeze...and again and again?
  12. 98lee

FYI: Front Brake Bleeding

A while back, I replacing the front master reservoir on my wife's K75S. While the system was open, I also put speed bleeders on the front calipers. Because the system had been opened in three places, I expected it to take a while to bleed. But not a half an hour! I kept going back and forth...
Back