• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

nav vi

1. C

NAV VI Erase all user data?

I received a replacement Nav VI because of the issues with ghosting, spinning, and jumping screens. I just updated the new unit, and when it starts up, I get a screen that says, "Erase all user data?" YES, NO buttons. The buttons don't do anything. Since this happens at start up I can't perform...
  2. crustybeemer

Nav VI gone again!

Out for a ride yesterday and my Nav VI started doing un commanded actions AGAIN! Re booted several times - no change! Brought it into the house to warm up (+15C outside!) No change! My 4th Nav VI in 6 years! Have 6 other Garmin GPS's ranging in price from $100 to $800, some of which are much...
  3. 5

nav VI question

Out riding today with the nav VI on the map screen, didn't have a destination programmed in, then I begin to hear directions in my headset. I tried pressing the x to stop the directions which didn't seem to work it kept jumping back to that screen. I shut the bike off and restarted it seemed to...
  4. G

NAV VI - "Main or Welcome screen"

Hello, I am having an issue with my NAV VI and I am at a loss and hoping someone can help. So, I start my bike and the NAV boots up and lands on the main screen. I like to view the screen with all of the bike data in all of the individual little boxes. I also like the map screen, but regardless...
  5. jstrube

Anybody know of deals on Nav VI?

I'm looking to get a NAV VI, and looking for any deals out there. Any leads? Any rumors as to the next gen coming out? Thanks! John.
  6. W

NAV VI Discontinued

I went on the Garmin web page and found out they have discontinued the BMW Nav VI. I contacted Garmin Customer Service and they didn't have information on a replacement unit. I'm not going to spend $950 at the BMW dealer on a new NAV VI that is discontinued. Anyone have information from the...
  7. B

BMW Nav VI

I have several routes on my GPS and sometimes when I'm out riding and decide I went to get on one of the routes and I am not near the beginning I see no way to do it. It shows me 3 options near the beginning. Anyone know of a way around this? I did not have this problem with my Garmin 660.
  8. T

Nav VI Software Update enables music from bluetooth phone

There is a new software load available from Garmin for the Nav VI that allows you to use your phone as a music source on BMWs even when they have the BMW audio system. I just tried it out and it works as advertised. You can now control your phone through the Music interface on the Nav VI...
  9. B

BMW Nav VI

I switched from the Garmin 660 to the Nav VI and one of the things I'm having trouble with is how to get on my route if i'm not at the beginning of the route. It wants me to pick a spot to go to and start the route. I want to start route from where ever I'm at. All of my routes are made in...
  10. E

2016 R1200 GSA, Nav VI, iPhone 6, Sena 20S EVO - What can I expect?

After reading pages upon pages of posts on this and other forums, I'm not sure what to expect. I have the setup listed above and just purchased a Sena 20S EVO. Based on what I've read, I'm afraid to open the box as MANY people seem to not be getting the experience that was advertised – music...
  11. Omega Man

Navigator VI (Nav-VI)...Tips and Tricks

Here we go with what we can all hope is another great piece of navigational gear, the Navigator VI (Nav-VI). Let's use this thread for info, purchases, impressions and of course- any Tips and Tricks to have it working "just right". As random posts appear, we will endeavor to move them here...
  12. alancoles

Navigator VI (Nav-VI) - April availability

Garmin/BMW announced on Wednesday their release date for the new Navigator VI as being the first of April. Pricing is set at about $100 above the Nav-V which will continue to be sold alongside the new Nav-VI. I don't have a North American part # yet, but the EU part # is 77528355994 if you're...
  13. zenwhipper

Convince me to buy a Nav V / Nav VI vs another GPS

I have a 2016 RT and on my lengthy farkle list is a GPS for the bike. I have obviously been looking at the plug-n-play BMW Nav V (and now the new Nav VI) with it being integrated to the bike (dash mount, wonder wheel functionality) but it feels like a lot of money to me. If I explored another...
  14. M

Has Anyone Heard Anything About Navigator VI?

Bought a new 2015 GS end of last season. Did not get Navigator V at that time. Planning on getting one for this riding season (once snow melts). Has anyone heard anything about when the next Navigator (6 I assume) will be released? Would like to get the latest and greatest. Thanks, MB
Back