• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

gs-911

1. G

Using GS-911 to balance throttle bodies

Lately I've seen reference to the fact we can use a GS-911 to balance throttle bodies by looking in the Engine/Real Time Values. Can anyone elaborate on this? It's not too obvious to me. Thanks
  2. globalrider

MotoScan App vs ....

I have to give the MotoScan App a big thumbs up, because it was able to do what my ultra-expensive GS-911 could not do. MotoScan comes in 4 versions. Lite: FREE Basic: €14.99 Professional: €29.99 Ultimate: €49.99 (about US$58) I chose the Ultimate version. I didn't see the point to having a...
  3. N

2019 R1250RT GS-911 Plug Location

I wanted to re-set my service light with my GS-911 WiFi tool so I searched the net but could not find specific info for my RT model. The plug is located on the throttle side of the RT, under the lower cowling Tupperware and in front of the battery. The plug is secured to the RT's chassis by male...
  4. Omega Man

I ordered a GS-911 today

I received an email from Twisted Throttle today. Looks like an older version- https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/electronics/canbus-diagnostic-tools/hex-code-gs911-usb-bluetooth-enthusiast-bmw-motorcycle-diagnostic-tool-usa/ Since the local dealer thinks resetting my service reminder is akin...
  5. J

Location of 10-pin connector for use with GS-911 diagnostic tool on 2016 R1200RT?

I upgraded my bike from a 2013 F800GT to a 2016 R1200RT. I'm loving every minute with it. But still learning where all the fiddly bits are located... I can't find the 10-pin connector to interface with my GS-911 diagnostic tool. Tried under both seats and under both left- and right-side...
  6. M

K1300GT Stalling Capture

I began having stalling issues on my '09 K1300GT a couple of months ago after several years of trouble free operation. I did have stalling when I first got the bike but a software upgrade resolved the issue back in '09. I took it out yesterday with my GS-911 and captured two stall events with...
  7. D

GS911 - Best Price?

I wish to do my own maintenance/repairs on my R1200RT (2008). Can I buy a NEW GS911 USB Enthusiast anywhere for less than $300? Can I realistically do my own maintenance WITHOUT a GS911? If so, please explain. Thanks.
  8. Spinakr

2005, R1200RT, Can't Sync throttle bodies.

Greetings all, I am unable to balance the throttle bodies on my '05 R1200RT. With engine off, I used a GS-911 to park/Sync the stepper motors, then with engine off I connected a Harmonizer and zero'd it out. Started the bike and the 2 vertical slashes were far to the left at -30 mb. I tried...
Back