• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

oil head

1. F

2000 R1100RS bogging down 5th gear

Checking the hive mind to see if this is a temporary issue or if I need to take it in. This morning took my bike out for a leisurely Saturday morning cruise on Sheridan Road north of Chicago. Along the way, made a quick grocery stop, let it sit on side stand for 10-15 minutes after riding for...
  2. T

Troubles with my 04 R1150RT

Hello, Looking for some words of wisdom on the problem I had today. Yesterday we rode 270 miles without a hitch, today after about 60 miles my R1150 RT had what I'd call a total electrical failure, in traffic. After getting a ride home, we tested the battery (13V), check the kill switch and...
  3. M

2001 BMW R1100RL Oil change

I am about to do my first major tune-up on my bike at 24,000 miles. Will full synthetic oil help my engine last longer than using mineral based oil. I am going to buy the kit from Beemer Bone Yard and they offer Full Synthetic, Synthetic blend and mineral based oil. thanks for your help.
Back