• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

battery charger

1. 2

Electric Gremlins 2016 R1200 RT Part 2

I posted several years ago on this topic and it has reappeared. Tried to go for a ride today and when I turned on the key, the dash went thru its usual start up but when I pushed the starter button absolutely nothing. I pulled the battery out and took it to the dealer and it tested bad. It had...
  2. M

battery tender for a Shorai Lifepo

Just as I was about to strip down for a mono strut suspension up grade the battery light went on on the control panel. I had the simple battery tender but could not get the Yuasa up to spec. I went for the Shorai and while awaiting delivery searched tenders. Shorai out of stock everywhere. Got...
  3. M

Clearwater lights flash when plugging in battery charger

I just installed some Clearwater Krista lights onto my 2006 R1200 GS. The issue that I have is that when I plug the bike into my BMW Battery Charger (part number 71 60 7 688 865) the Krista lights flash, like a photo flash. It then happens again as the battery charger cycles back to the red...
  4. I

Portable Battery Charger Recommendation

I have a 2016 RT and I always ride and camp in remote areas. My battery seems fine (but who really knows). Rather than replace it on a schedule, I'd rather carry a charging unit. This way I have a device with me I can also use to charge my cell phone, Kindle, etc. while traveling. If I cannot...
  5. M

Anyone Using This Portable Battery for Jumps?

So I have the DBPOWER 600a battery pack/jump starter. I carry this in my car, and it works great. Haven't used it on the bike but taking it with on my Blue Ridge Parkway trip in a few weeks: https://tinyurl.com/yyjqog69 Anyone else using this? Any thoughts? FAR cheaper than the AntiGravity...
  6. S

Battery Mantainer

Hi Everyone, I need to get some input, on my 2016 R1200RS I want to get a battery maintainer. One dealership tells me only the BMW one that plugs into the port can be used because of all the electronics. Another dealerships tells me a battery tender will work fine that's what they use on there...
  7. zenwhipper

Trickle Charger - 2016 RT

I am looking for information on what trickle charger to buy for my new RT. I just came from an FJR and I used a Battery Tender for years. But, I think, given the CANBUS system, one needs a special type of charger? Lastly- my RT did come with an SAE battery connector tucked under the right side...
  8. H

Jump Start (Portable) Suggestion

We are traveling around the US and park the bikes in storage every year somewhere. We usually have a trickle charger for them but this year we didn't have access to an outlet. Does anyone know the best portable battery chargers out there? We may need to call AAA but understand there is a...
  9. A

Battery Charger

My battery dealer says I should use a CTEK charger with my Odyssey batteries. Why wouldn't my Deltran charger be just as good ? Or is he just trying to sell me a CTEK ?
Back