• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

h7 bulb

1. C

Best H7 Bulb?

My H7 low beam is out again. It has happened twice. Both times I was on a closed course, riding cone patterns all day, i.e., slow riding, little airflow. I am assuming that heat killed the H7's. Just a guess, but what else could it be? Replacing the bulb is a PITA. Does anyone have a...
  2. S

Brightest halogen headlights

I have read numerous threads about headlight bulbs and and watched countless youtube videos, and I am just thoroughly confused. I would rather stick with halogens instead of LED's because of the possible problems with the canbus system. I dont really care if they look yellow or white to...
  3. 2

Replacement of low beam bulb on a 2016 BMW RT

My left low beam is burnt out at 13,000 miles and less than 3 years of use. There does not seem to be a good tutorial on this. Is it easier to replace the bulb if you remove the speaker?
  4. patm

ADVmonster H7 headlight

I've had to replace my low beam again. I've been using higher output halogens but they're good for about 150 hours. I'm getting pretty good at replacing them. LOL I'm considering replacing the low beam H7 lamp on my '16 RT with one LED from ADVmonster H7 LED. I know some members here have made...
  5. W

Right Low beam H7 bulb replacement nightmare 2009 R 1200 RT

Took me approximately 50 minutes to change the left side low beam bulb and THEN I have been trying to change the right bulb. It is absolutely ridiculous trying to get in there. I have seen the videos which show the left bulb being changed to include Max's video with the entire headlight assembly...
  6. bullet

2017 1200 rt headlight

Quick question: A few days ago my low beam headlight burned out. Is it the same bulb as a 2010 RT? An H7, I think? Also does anyone have any tips or tricks as to how to change the bulb without busting knuckles or scraping 3 layers of skin? Thanks for any replies.
  7. C

H7 head light bulbs

The short H7 bulb life has always been a problem for me and changing them is a real task. Anyone tried the H7 LED from Walmart?
Back