• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

s1000xr

1. ridecaptainmark

S1000XR - excessive heat on the lower legs and feet?

Hi All, Just picked up a 2020 S1000xr. It is a lot of fun to ride! My only complaint - the heat on my ankles and shins... is this a thing with this bike? I've been riding a Kawasaki Concours for a long time now, and this really surprised me (the heat). Is this normal? Looking for a list of...
  2. C

Side Stand bent on a S1000XR?

Hello everyone; I bought 2021 S1000XR and took it in for the 6K service at my local BMW dealership. The tech told me that the Side Stand is bent. I was stunned about this since I have never had this issue in 35 years of riding motorcycles. I don't mount my motorcycle standing on the footrest...
  3. P

Sargent saddle for the '21 XR?

Hey everyone, New member here; new owner of a gorgeous 2021 S1000XR. Bought 'er on my burfday (June 19) and she's already got 1100 miles on the ticker. I have a 1400+ miler coming up in October (and I'm attending the Pineville KY BMW Getaway next month) and I'm looking to upgrade the stock...
  4. A

S1000XR Maintenance

My 2017 GS died last week and I'm thinking about an XR. Can anyone tell me what the 12,000 mile service cost is? Thanks Depressed in Salt Lake City
  5. B

New bike: F900XR or S1000XR -- best for luggage & vibes?

I'm contemplating a new bike. I currently ride a 2011 F800R which I overall really enjoy, BUT, is severely lacking in touring capability (as per design :) ). I'd like to be able to go on some longer trips, even though the vast majority of my riding is either commuting, or day riding (i.e., not...
  6. T

Navigator V vs. Speedometer Difference ???

Greetings. I've noticed that my Navigator V unit consistently displays between 2-4mph faster than the speedometer on the regular / standard display. It may not matter really but was 1). Surprised that the Navigator doesn't seem to be using information sent from the bike for this statistic (as it...
Back