• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1. C

Rough running engine? Remember to check your coil connections.

Several weeks ago I bought a very clean 2004 R1150R with 19k miles on it. On my test ride, it ran a bit rough but after inspecting the bike and feeling comfortable it was in great condition, I figured I'd be able to chase the problem down in short measure. Well, I'm embarrassed to say that...
  2. P

How to Improve Passenger Comfort?

I'd like to improve the riding comfort for my wife when she rides with me. She has two issues - 1) "nothing to hang on to" and 2) comfort (width) of the seat. We ride with the truck with integral backrest and she uses the side grab handles. Any upgrades y'all have done? And no bad comments...
  3. J

04 1150 R smells hot after riding

My "new to me" 04 1150 R seems to smell hot at the end of my rides. I'm not pushing any envelopes, or turning 500 mile days or any such. I had an 80 R100 RT and I don't recall any such scent. Nothing leaking, fluids appear normal. Haven't changed the oil since I got it in Nov., but doubt I've...
  4. J

Looking to add speakers to my 2004 R1150RT

Having enjoyed my last BMW, a 2002 R1150RT with an upgraded stereo I was hoping to do the same to my 'brand new used' 2004 R1150RT. I read that in 2004 BMW did not have the option for speakers/radio. My question is, once I have it apart (it's very cold in Boston) and I find that in fact the...
  5. B

04 R1150RT Fuel Tank

Spring project ... new internal fuel lines, new fuel pump / sock, new fuel filter and new a gaskets all around. Everything going well. Internal tubing was original and seemed to be in better shape than I anticipated it would be. Anyway, changed it out since it was ~12 yrs old. New pump...
  6. T

Value of replacing most of the brake fluid in a 2004 RT?

I like to use the local motorcycle shop for routine service work. They have done a routine motorcycle brake fluid change, which changes out most of the fluid in the front and rear brake lines. I did this before I realized you need to remove the gas tank to access all 3 circuits since it has...
Back