• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

gps

1. D

Move Garmin BaseMap From C:/ To Elsewhere including Thumb Drive

If you want to move the Garmin basemap from the C:/ partition where Garmin Express auto installs it so you can use it off a thumb drive or just hate having it in the C:/ partition and want it somewhere else on your hard drive, here are the definitive instructions...
  2. D

Zumo 660 question re: Touratech mount

I have a Zumo 660 and a locking Touratech mount. The mount works, but the 660 is near death. My question is: are there other Zumo models or other GPS units that I can get that will fit the mount that I have?
  3. Omega Man

Warning! GPS MIND CONTROL IS REAL!

Or…..I thought I was in a movie- A car was struck by a commuter rail train on the tracks in Everett, Massachusetts early Saturday morning. According to an MBTA spokesperson, the driver claimed he was following GPS direction when he began driving on the tracks and came to a stop nowhere near...
  4. G

GPS Cradle Removal

I want to remove the GPS mount from my 2021 R1250GS and put a Quadlock there for my smart phone. I've got it all off except for the plug. I can't seem to get the wire unplugged. It's a white male end going into a black female end. There is what appears to be a push tab lock on the side, but I...
  5. J

Wanted zumo 665 battery cover

Somehow, I have lost may zumo 660 or 665 battery cover. By chance does anyone have one (maybe a broken GPS)? Will pay for the cover and shipping.
  6. L

Which GPS for my ‘09 GS???

I’m new to this forum and would just like to say it’s good to be on here, Ive been browsing around the last couple of days and there is some great stuff on here. Now I’m going to ask a question that might have been addressed already, but I would grateful for any advice you guys might have. I...
  7. P

Navigator IV problem. Can anyone help?

I'm wondering if someone in this group can help me with a Navigator problem I'm having. I have a Navigator IV with latest software and map updates. I use latest version of Basecamp on my Macbook Pro. Latest version of US map. I've done all the Basecamp tutorials and when I create my route in...
  8. W

NAV VI Discontinued

I went on the Garmin web page and found out they have discontinued the BMW Nav VI. I contacted Garmin Customer Service and they didn't have information on a replacement unit. I'm not going to spend $950 at the BMW dealer on a new NAV VI that is discontinued. Anyone have information from the...
  9. bob_m

Satellite Navigator

Greetings After decades or riding road bikes, I am now the owner of a 2003 F650 Dakar. It is well outfitted for travel, on or off road and I have explored dirt roads in the Cascade range and the Siskiyous in southern Oregon. I have gotten into spectacular country, and made some wrong turns...
  10. J

Navigator V - No speed or heading while in cradle

Hi all, The past few weeks I've been having a weird problem with my Navigator V on my '14 R1200RT... While in the cradle on the bike, the GPS charges just fine (except when the unit randomly decides it's been removed from the cradle while I'm going down the road) but it doesn't think I'm moving...
  11. T

Cannot remove GPS from Cradle (2015 K1600 GT)

Hi Folks, new on this forum, looking for some advise on a stupid problem. trying to remove the GPS unit from the cradle but the device wont come out, i am able to pop the cradle all the way up, however, i'm unable to pull the GPS unit out of its cradle... did anyone experience anything like...
  12. 14wntr

New Off Road GPS Review

I rode about 300 miles off road with Trail Tech GPS and really got to enjoy it! https://youtu.be/En1KiVZkMkQ
  13. T

Gps 396?

After 5 long and arduous years, my zumo 660 calfed Suggestions for a new reasonably price gps? Brian
  14. D

NAV 5 -- Showing Map with no destination

Hi, Kinda old school but I still like using a map. I really like the GPS to show me the upcoming cross roads and the terrain. Very hesitant to put in a "destination" because I can never get rid of it. The GPS has to be off for quite a while (overnight) before I can get a fresh "view map"...
  15. skibumwi

How can I change Start/End point on Nav V route?

All, I've been able to download some really nice looking routes from the intertubes but am wondering how I can change the Start/End point on the route to better match my expected travels? The routes each have a start/end specified but they don't necessarily correspond to where I would be...
  16. sgoyette

Nav V Tire Pressure Units

Hi All, I just recently purchased a 2014 R1200gs Adventure and have put the Nav V from my F800gs Adventure on it. Everything works but I can't seem to figure out how to change the tire pressure units. On the bike display it shows PSI but in the Nav V it shows Bar. I've looked all over the...
  17. gsjay

Garmin Basecamp / GPS / Google Maps

is it just me or does anyone else HATE Basecamp? I can't figure it out at all...............total frustration! I'm not all the tech savory to begin with but this program is killing me! Does anyone know how to convert a google map to GPX? tks, Jason
  18. M

Use the Navigator V My Motorcycle App on non-GS?

Hello MOA Forum members. I'm new the the community, but have a few years of BMW motorcycle riding under my belt. Last year I traded my 09 F800ST for a new 15' RT. I purchased the Nav V at that time and a chief selling aspect was what I thought would be the ability to view realtime bike data and...
  19. cberry

Basecamp and NAV 5 Issues

I've 28000 miles on my 2015 GSA and still am uncomfortable with the NAV 5. Would one of you who are geeks please call...I have some simple questions? Call 321-258-1396 and we can arrange a convenient time to talk. I'm not getting the kind of help I need from forums.
  20. ExGMan

New Map Update - Navigator V

Garmin has a new North America map update today available through Garmin Express software.
Back