• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r80

1. harryhendo

1987 R80 rough running above idle

Hi Folks, My 1987 R80 (which I bought new in 1987) was sitting in a barn for 10 years, and I've been getting it back in shape. That meant rebuilding the Bing carburetors and also clearing out the mice damage to the airbox. There were also some frayed/nibbled wires, which I replaced. The bike...
  2. 2

1978 R80 vs 1984 R80 electrical

I am purchasing an airhead after 25 years away from my well loved R60/6. Of course, if money were no object I would just get both and older and newer model! Hoping the community would offer it's $0.02 on experience with electrical on your '78 versus your mid '80s R80. From '81 forward BMW...
  3. 9

Oil Filter R80RT '86

I've been changing the oil and filter on my R80RT for a number of years but there seems to be a change in the newest oil filter. The bike calls for the hinged filter - no problem. The filter can go in either end first. This time, however, the new filter has the normal black rubber on one end...
Back