• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

driveshaft rebuild

1. C

2016 R1200RT Drive Shaft Splines

How often should the drive shaft splines be lubricated? There in nothing in my owner's manual for maintenance of splines. What does BMW recommend? Thanks
  2. B

2016 GS Drive Shaft Rusted to FD

Getting ready for a trip to Idaho from North Dakota. Changed final drive oil and attempted to inspect and grease final drive splines and found the U joint rusted to the final drive input shaft. Trying to soak it overnight with Kroil penetrating fluid. Prying between the shaft and U joint didn't...
  3. D

U-Joint repair was worth it

2007 R1200RT, 87,385 miles. Needed a winter project and decided to do some swing arm/drive shaft preventative maintenance. Prior to disassembly, measured free play at the rear wheel in 1st gear. 2.5 inches (63.5mm). Drive shaft sent to Machine Service, Inc. in Green Bay, Wis. and returned one...
  4. R

re-build drive shaft on 2015 R T

Does anyone know if someone is rebuilding drive shafts for my bike. The u joint end is messed up.
  5. H

2011 R1200rt winter valve adjustment

29,000 Kilometres on bike. Checking valve adjustment. I found all the exhaust between 30to35mm and on the intake 15to18mm. My Haynes manual calls for 40-66 on exhaust and 23-43 on the intake. The bike run powerfully and quiet. I found a Youtube video that says my bike is within spec and...
  6. B

Camheads and Hexheads and Top Mileage Obtained

We all hear a lot about how many miles a rider has traveled and the awards they can garner; but are there any records of how many miles bikes have logged and how an owner explains some of the major miles they have gotten out of their bikes and how they keep them running despite the bikes age and...
Back