• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

electrical problems

1. M

75/5 ignition repair/ replacement

The ignition switch on my 72' 75/5 is going. The white metal has been broken for years but now I have to play around with the key to keep her running. Not an especially safe maneuver. My questions are: Is this a repair I am capable of myself (I'm kind of a little bit mechanical but electric...
  2. T

Headlight Gremlin

2003 1150RT with 85k. I bought this bike new. In 2005 a buddy riding in front of me told me my low beam was "turning off and later coming back on." That was the beginning. Over the years I've gone through multiple low beam bulbs, trips to the shop, always with some minor thing discovered...
  3. B

2004 R1150RT - Dead Electrical System But New Battery!

I went to start the bike today for a short spin prior to my pre-winter oil change and here is what happened... 1. Turned the key to the "on" position and the dash lights and head lights lit up as usual (including the blue hi-beam indicator) 2. Pushed the ignition button twice and nothing...
  4. 3

RID Failing Repeatedly

Gang; Despite having been a member for almost 10 years, I have never used to Forum to help solve a problem until now. I have an '01 1150 GS with 100-plus thousand miles on it. Still runs very well. About a year or so ago, my RID stopped working. I bought a used unit from Re-psycle and had it...
Back