• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

canbus

1. E

CANBUS - when did it start?

What year was CAM Bus first used? Also which models R and F?:ear
  2. Ctrod

Turn signal / running light change over

My wife has a 2006 R1150R, I'd like change the turn signals into running lights / turn signals. Has anyone had any luck doing this?
  3. T

CANBUS charger direct to battery?

I have a BMW branded charger for my 2015 R1200RT. I just bought a new Triumph Bonneville with an SAE socket direct-to-battery. Can the BMW charger be used on the Triumph?:scratch
  4. Jon

Battery Tender Question

2000 I bought a RT, dealer said use an OPTIMATE tender they're the best and will analyze the battery. OK used it faithfully never an issue, 2009 got an LT dealer says don't use OPTIMATE you have to use a BMW battery tender, I called OPTIMATE they said no problem use the OPTIMATE I did...
  5. desmoderek

R1200GSLC - HEX ez CAN

Wanting to add extra daytime running lights, fog lamps, air horns, or an extra USB and outlet seem to be a constant for me on every touring and ADV bike I ever own. There never seem to be enough connections to power it all. My last bike, the Triumph Tiger Explorer certainly had the alternator...
  6. D

lighting options on 2016 R1200RT

I am a new owner of a 2016 R1200RT. This is my first BMW and my first bike using H7 low beam bulbs and H1 high beam bulbs. I have a three part question concerning improving the light output without going to HID. 1. I have done some reading here and have settled on using Osram H1 rallye bulbs to...
  7. Grover

2005 R1200GS Garmin GPS 2820 Powering on and off - Canbus issue?

Recently I added a Garmin 2820 to the bike using the GARMIN StreetPilot 2820 GPS DATA BMW Amplifier Harness Kit Cable. This attaches just below the handlebars to a white pin connector. The GPS powered up and I was ecstatic. The GPS then powered off after about three minutes, stayed off for a few...
  8. mschack

CANbus "friendly" LEDs - 2005 R1200 ST

So, it has been a while since I upgraded my rear indicator lights with the LED panels from http://www.advdesigns.com/weiser.html and yesterday I installed the replacement LED bulbs for the front indicators from http://www.dynamicmotorrad.com All I can say is this. Very bright, super easy...
  9. M

Canadian Brake light wiring on 2010 R1200RT

I?m a Canadian with a Canadian R1200 RT (2010) Canbus version, attempting to install a high conspicuity supplemental brake like assembly purchased from a US BMW aftermarket supplier & BMW dealer. My Canadian BMW dealer service tech could not get the light assembly working....after calls to BMW...
Back