• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

bmw

1. C

I rented from a BMW dealer through the new Fuel for Life program in Europe

I just had a good experience renting a BMW motorcycle in Europe through BMW's new Fuel for Life European dealer rental program. It was a solo trip with a very modest amount of preparation. Here are a few notes that might help if you are considering such a trip. Feel free to post any questions...
  2. P

'00 R1100S burning smell NO FUEL PRIME NO START issues

I smelled a burning plastic smell before my r1100s broke down on the side of the road. I traced the cause of the burning smell to the wires from the right handlebar kill switch that plug to the righthand side relay box as shown in photo. The current symptoms of the bike are no start and no...
  3. joetRS

The BMW GOAT

As you all know the 100th Anniversary of BMW Motorrad is just two years away, 2023. The question is this: What is the greatest BMW Model of all time? Please add your TOP THREE MODELS and I will compile a spread sheet and see what we get. I did this on a smaller scale with my local club in Rhode...
  4. K

We might need Insect Repellant

If you're camping, be sure to bring some insect repellant. Just in case. Here's a link, https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2018/05/25/mosquitoes-des-moines-here-earlier-than-normal/644178002/.
  5. J

Hello from Salisbury NC

:wave Hello from Salisbury, NC I tried this about 2 yrs. ago without any luck. Called phone numbers listed in MOA Anonymous book and got VM. Hoped someone would call back... Anyone around the Salisbury,NC area ride ? Wife and I ride 90% of the time because the logistics are easier...
  6. moshe_levy

First US Review of the new C-Evolution Electric Maxi-Scooter!

All- Motorcycle Consumer News received the very first C-Evolution for press review in the entire country, and I just wrapped up my 3 week review period with it. What's it like to ride electric? What about range? How long does it take to charge? What if it runs out of juice? Everything you ever...
  7. therobbstory

Greetings from Washington, DC

Hi all, I'm Robb. The recent purchaser of Godfather's cherry 1978 R100/7. I found it on the advrider forum while asking questions about an R90/6 for sale locally. When I saw the bike and the care that went into it, I knew I'd found my airhead. After a few emails and phone calls, we made the...
  8. K

Ride Event at BMW Motorcycles of Murietta

There will be an BMW MOA table manned by the SoCal Regional Coordinator, Ken Decroo. Come by for some swag, food and a ride!
  9. Spinakr

Will a 2012 clip on tank bag fit a 2005, R1200RT?

Greetings all, Does anyone know if a NEW clip-on tank bag from a 2012 R1200RT will fit on an older 2005 R1200RT? Many thanks, Spinakr
  10. MotoQuest

South Africa Backroads Adventure

A motorcycle blog by Steve Thomas on his 16 day trip in South Africa (Group at Cape Agulhas - Africa's most southern point) Day 1: Everyone itching to get on the road this morning after our day on 4 wheels exploring the city and going up iconic Table Mountain. Collected the bikes and headed...
  11. Spinakr

2005, R1200RT + Flash2Pass install?????

Has anyone installed a flash2Pass transmitter on an R1200RT? I really can't see how I'm going to tap into the high beam wires off the back of the bulb. There's just no room to shove the Flash2Pass transmitter in there and get the cover back on. Plus, I only have about 2 inches of wire behind...
  12. V

Need Advice on how to proceed with an oil consumption problem with my BMW.

This is going to be long, Make a sandwich and a cup of coffee. BTW this story doesn't have a happy ending so far. I need advice I might be melodramatic here and if so let me know, I'll drop it. The problem is I am running into an oil consumption problem on my bike and have been since new...
  13. Spinakr

Brake flush, 2005 R1200RT

I've been looking at information regarding Brake servo flushing for my '05 R1200RT. And the one thing I have not been able to determine, is if the bike is supposed to have bleeders factory installed on the the calipers? I was going to purchase some "Speed-Bleeders" and install them, but when I...
  14. D

New member, new bike, new me.

Hello all, Very excited to join the group and be on my new (to me) 2008 BMW F800ST. Bought her down in south western North Carolina and rode up to Connecticut taking many twisty roads along the way. Here is one of my favorite pics from the few I took on the trip home.
  15. Tretnine

New Member in Germany

Hello around the world, My name is Brady. I'm an American living in Germany - just north of Munich in a town called Garching bei Munchen. It's a little suburb, the coffee, bread, and beer are all fantastic. I was born in Minnesota, spent a good number of years living in Virginia, and followed...
  16. A

Barber Superbike Classic, 17-19 June 2011

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/email/email-10.html Barber Superbike Classic, 17-19 June 2011 A Salute to the Men and Women of the Alabama Army National Guard The 5th of 9 Rounds of the 2011 AMA Pro American Superbike Championship season. DonÔÇÖt miss all the excitement June 17-19 as the...
  17. G

Women on Motorcycles

Join BMW of Manhattan to celebrate Women on Motorcycles. Monica Holmes a formally nationally ranked Volleyball player and Head coach has found a new passion. For the past three years Monica has taken her hobby and love of motorcycling to new heights. ...Along with sharing her experience on how...
Back