• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

nav 5

1. brownie0486

Cracked the screen on my Nav5

Now it's locked up, none of the functions work at this time. Called Garmin, they don't refurb any longer, have no zumo 660's for sale which would fit the nav 4 cradle as well. I've got a few posts on sites looking to buy a nav 5 or zumo 660 right now, but if someone has a lead on either, I'd...
  2. B

Nav 5 problems resolved

I recently posted about problems I was having with my Nav 5 being stuck on the calibration screen. One gentleman replied that he was able to resolve issues on his GPS with a new memory card. I tried it and it worked! I upgraded my memory card from a 64G to a 128G memory card. I then did a...
  3. B

Nav 5 problems

Mt Nav 5 started acting funny in the last couple of days. When I would start the bike, the GPS wouldn't turn on for a couple of minutes. When I got home this morning, I tried updating the software. I also did a soft boot, a hard boot, and tried removing the battery. Now the GPS is on the...
  4. M

Keep the Nav 5?

Should one get a TFT model BMW, would consensus be they keep their Nav 5 as a backup, due to questionable TFT reliability? How deep does this rabbit hole go?
  5. J

NAV 5 looses power while riding

Hello, I bought a GTL last year and the seller told me the GPS worked most of the time. Well I works at times. When it works it works well. unfortunately it no longer works most of the time. It works 10% of the time. I got a clue last week it was working and a message that it lost connection...
  6. S

Nav V stuck in Year 2000

I tacked this on to a previous thread on the Navigator V and I think that was not the best approach for getting input from the GPS wizards our there. So, here is a repeat. After the most recent update, I noticed that my Nav V thinks the date is March 23, 2000 and I cannot find a way to change...
  7. R

Navigator 5 EUR region addition questions

Hello, I am a '16 RT owner in Virginia. I am going to rent a R1200RT in late April in UK and ride through France and Spain for a couple of weeks. I have a Navigator 5 on my R1200RT here in Virginia, and would like to take the device with me for my European ride. I have to pay an extra daily...
Back