• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

tank bag

1. Z

Tank bag recommendations

I’ve just purchased a 2017 R1200RT and am looking for a tank bag. Don’t need the biggest or most expensive just one that fits and will last for a while. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
  2. B

Searching for Tank bag or leather tank cover

Hey All, I am looking for a leather tank cover or period correct tank bag for my '82 r100rt. I haven't had much luck looking around the internet and eBay. I am hoping someone here has a hot lead or an extra that they'd be willing to part with.
  3. C

SW-Motech Trail tank bag

Hi, first-time poster here. I am in need of a bigger tank bag for my 2019 R1250RT. I currently have the SW-Motech "Daypack" tank bag on my 2019 R1250RT. It is a great bag but now I need something bigger. As I want to keep using the Quick-Lock tank ring, I am looking at the "Trail" model...
  4. D

Tank Bag Repair

My tank bag map cover has been yellowed for years, and now the plastic has ripped. Unfortunately, the 2005 to 2013 RT tank bags, part number 71-60-7-706-363, are no longer available from BMW. The rest of the bag is in good shape, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried a cover repair? DP
  5. Back2Maiden

Tank Bag for 16' R1200GS that sits on slope of tank

Hello All, My vertically challenged self is looking for a tank bag that rests more on the slope of the tank. I noticed the older small BMW tank bags seemed to do this or the tanks just didn't have as steep a slope--can't tell. I have about a 5" bag height limit which restricts volume so was...
  6. lee

SW-MOTECH Pro Tank bags

This video shows all of the new SW-MOTECH Pro Tank Bags. Not sure when they will be available in the US. <iframe width="1184" height="666" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y_iZcaBlc_Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture"...
  7. M

Tank Bag Recommendations - K1600GT

I have a ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway coming up on my new 2019 K1900GT, and am thinking a tank bag makes sense - phone, IPass transponder, wallet, snacks, stuff, etc. Can you guys and gals recommend a tank bag? Please post pics if you can! Thanks so much in advance for your recommendations! Jeff
  8. L

Cortech tankbag to BMW mount

I got a stock BMW tankbag with my used '09 1200RT, the map case was yellowed, and the main zipper broke. I like the BMW mount and thought maybe I could put a different bag on it. I stopped at a motorcycle shop looking for possible unit, I found a Cortech 12L tankbag marked down to $50 because...
  9. SGTBILL

Tank Bag for a 1978 R100S

Hello Airhead fans. I have a 1978 R100S which is painted in Motorsport white with the original paint and pin stripes. I'd like to add a tank bag for my day rides to carry an extra pair of gloves and a few other small items. I sold a 45 liter Harro ElefantenBoy a couple of years back. It had...
  10. L

2005 R1200rt tank bag suggestions

I am looking for a tank bag for my 2005 R 1200 RT. Handle bar clearance seems to be an issue. The BMW bags lock in to the mount rail real slick, easy to get off for fueling. But the need for a bag may outlast my love for this bike. I'd like to take the bag with me to a new model. I am not...
  11. M

04 K1200 GT need to accessorize for touring

open to suggestions to equip my (new to me) 04 K12GT for some long distance rides. I had a K75RT with tank bag, trunk top case and saddlebags; only have saddlebags on the GT AND they are small. what were your experiences with what brand tank bag (& mounting hardware), top case and/or platform...
  12. Spinakr

Will a 2012 clip on tank bag fit a 2005, R1200RT?

Greetings all, Does anyone know if a NEW clip-on tank bag from a 2012 R1200RT will fit on an older 2005 R1200RT? Many thanks, Spinakr
  13. B

tank bag for K1200RS

Seeking recommendations for tank bag for '99 K1200RS. Have searched the threads and unsure whether recommendations for other models will work with my bike (can you tell I am a newbie?). Thanks
  14. A

Multivario on K75

Does anyone know if the Multivario K75 tank bag hit the horn button when turning the bars? Considering that the Multivario was designed for the K75, I'm hopping that they addressed this issue.
  15. M

Elefantenboy mod

Okay everybody Hopefully you understand the complexities of my question?? Used to have an older airhead and had a really nice elephantenboy tank bag with the front, back and sides leather connect straps. So now back to the future and now own a 2012 R1200RT with no easy way to install the old...
  16. Omega Man

Hold-downs where the gas tank usually is-

I'm not a real fan of tank bags but I would like to have a way to fasten a map case to the plastic that covers the battery area (where the gas tank would be-usually) of my F800GS. I was thinking of running a row of three footman loops down each side so I could secure a map-case, Gerbing...
  17. Z

Tank bag for 2000 r1100 rt

I am looking for a tank bag. The magnetic systems don't work for my bike because the tank and side fairings are plastic. Do the strap systems work well? How about suction cups? Any recommendations? thanks:bikes
Back