• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

suspension

1. S

Rear shock spring weight for R75/6

Hi, I'm replacing the shocks on my 1974 R75/6. I'm looking at some Girling shocks (because can get a good price on them), and there are two spring weight/spring load options: 110lbs and 126lbs. Any opinions about which would be best suited for this bike? I don't ride with a passenger, weigh...
  2. P

Hyperpro progressive springs on a 2013 RT w ESA

As a newcomer to BMW and this site, I see there's a fair amount of discussion on lowering and un-lowering the RT, as it's a bit tall for some of us in the 30"-and-under-inseam club. I hope this post is useful to others who are interested in lowering the RT a bit. I replaced the stock seat with...
  3. Anyname

Installing RaceTech cartridge emulators on an Airhead with Brembo forks

Despite my initial concerns, this installation turned out to be a straight foreward. Once the bike was secured with the front wheel off of the ground, 95% of the work was standard BMW assembly/disassembly as per the Clymer manual. As anyone who has had the pleasure knows, BMW decided to hide...
  4. P

2010 r1200gsa rear shock leak- upgrade time?

Hey guys, as the title says, rear shock on my gsa just started leaking, as it sits hibernating in my unheated garage. I was going to have it taken in to my local dealer/mechanic for the front end recall, but perhaps it’s time for a new suspension? I’m considering touratechs’ esa front and rear...
  5. D

Stiffer Rear Coil Springs for 08 RT

My wife and I are going on our first long trip together and are planning on bringing camping gear. One person suggested that we might consider getting a stiffer spring on the rear stock shock to allow better handling under the additional load. The only down side that was mentioned was a...
  6. B

Bitubo shocks

Does anyone have experience with setup and or installation of Bitubos on a GS? I have acquired some lightly used and they have arrived looking great but with no paperwork whatsoever. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated
  7. chasmrider

90 R 100 GSPD suspension upgrade

hello all, I would like to upgrade my suspension, I am thinking Ohlins on the rear, ( the basic one that you have to adjust with a spanner) and I am not sure about the front. I am setting the bike up to ride backcountry discovery route type stuff. what do you think? Chuck
  8. D

Ricor Intiminator to improve front suspension?

Anyone added the Ricor Intiminator? Do they really do what they say they do? Other cheaper options to get a similar effect? I have a F650GS twin. 215 lbs. Lots of nose dive with braking and would like to improve feel in cornering especially on less than smooth roads...
  9. R

Race Tech Suspension

Has anyone tried sending there shocks to Race tech to have them rebuilt. I talked to these guys at Americade and they said they take the original shocks and replace all the parts with there pieces. They claim it works great etc. Are they all there cracked up to be? would they be in the same...
  10. G

Front end noise /

I have a 1995R1100GS that I bought with 63k miles and now has 84K. It runs great except for a noise from the front end. At about 65-70 depending on the road conditions, i get a "chhh, chhh, sound that last as long as the roadway had bumps or an uneven surface. I have had the Ohlin shocks...
Back