• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

smoke on side stand

1. J

2004 R1150R - White Smoke On Startup

New to the bike and am curious about white smoke coming out of the exhaust for a few seconds when doing a cold start. Also noticed that I have to keep my finger on the starter button for 2-3 seconds before the engine finally kicks in. Again, that is on a cold start. Anything I need to check...
  2. J

oil smoke???

I just heard from the customer service folks at BMW that the oil smoke coming out after sitting on the side stand is normal? My company (AutoThority, Inc.) builds engines and extreme engines for a living and I can tell you that it is NOT normal. It WILL cause premature plug fouling and cylinder...
Back