• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

brake bleed

1. C

'04 K1200GT: brake bleed after new Spiegler brake lines

Hi All, I've just ordered a set of Spiegler stainless-steel brake lines for my '04 K1200GT. Question: Following installation, do I have to perform a flush/bleed on the entire brake system, including the wheel circuits AND the ABS control circuits? Seems to me the answer is yes, but the...
  2. C

'04 K1200GT rear brake pad change - Clymer question

Hi, all. The rear brake pads on my ‘04 K1200GT are getting pretty thin and, with the help of the trusty Clymer manual, I’m motivated to attempt their replacement. Having read through the procedure discussed in the Clymer, I noticed something that is a bit confusing, and I wonder if anyone here...
  3. C

Front Master Cylinder milky residue (F650GSK72 -- anyone know how to flush/fix it

My front master cylinder on my F650GS Twin has a milky residue in the bottom of the bobble head. I know this happens when water binds to the old fluid. Is there a way to flush it out or am I going to need to rebuild my master cylinder... Thanks for any words CUJO
  4. akbeemer

2007 R1200RT Brake Bleed Issues

I am working on a friend’s 2007 RT with 63,000 miles on it. Performed brake bleed as done several times before on this model with no issues. Attached GS-911 and performed rear brake bleed test to actuate the ABS pump. Test seemed normal; pumped functioned for ten seconds and I depressed the...
  5. B

Need rebuild tutorial for 96 R1100RS front brake master cylinder

Ok, found a great tutorial. Now I just need to know where I can get s rebuild kit/parts to overhaul master cylinder. A new master cylinder is over $500��. So, would appreciate being pointed in the direction where I can get s kit. Cheers
  6. H

2002 1150RT Brake bleed instructions

Does anyone have instructions as to the proper sequence and procedure to bleed the brakes on the 1150RT? I have them for the 1100RT but I know the systems are different. Thanks
  7. B

Wooden Brake Pads, huh?

I've been preparing to change my brake fluid for my first time. Just bought my first Beemer and in researching service requirements I learned about the importance of changing the brake fluid. New to me. So, I've been watching several YouTube videos and bought a brake fluid hand pump. Just been...
  8. J

2004 R1200 CL ABS brake help

All right I just got my new clutch installed and the whole rear frame remounted. I have now reached a road block that I cannot figure out. The ABS system has a main module under the tank for the front and rear brakes. The book says to take it to a dealer to have the system checked my problem...
  9. Spinakr

Brake flush, 2005 R1200RT

I've been looking at information regarding Brake servo flushing for my '05 R1200RT. And the one thing I have not been able to determine, is if the bike is supposed to have bleeders factory installed on the the calipers? I was going to purchase some "Speed-Bleeders" and install them, but when I...
  10. 98lee

FYI: Front Brake Bleeding

A while back, I replacing the front master reservoir on my wife's K75S. While the system was open, I also put speed bleeders on the front calipers. Because the system had been opened in three places, I expected it to take a while to bleed. But not a half an hour! I kept going back and forth...
Back