• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

switched power

1. R

R1200ST Best place to tap into switched-on 12v power?

The R1200ST wiring is probably pretty close to RT so perhaps I can get some advice on tapping into 12v switched-on power without throwing Can-Bus errors. I just reconditioned some junkyard panniers and want to wire up led marker lights on them when they are mounted. All of the accessory...
  2. R

Switched power for GPS? (R1150R)

I got a Garmin GPS for Christmas. I decided to not work today and install it. Got the tank off and went to wire it up and forgot that I should probably NOT wire this directly to the battery in case I forget to shut it off when riding or remove from the cradle in the garage. Seems like it'd...
  3. G

NAV/GPS plug location on 2018 R1200 RT

I am wiring a fuse block and purchased an in line, late model BMW specific, power plug that is supposed to insert into the GPS/ NAV plug and will provide a clean switched power source. It’s a Denali brand plug adapter and I got their Powerhub 2 to go with it. Problem is I’ve removed both...
  4. D

need a switched wire for fuse block

Any suggestions for a switched wire to run the a Centec fuse block so I can hook up gps, vololights and givi running lights. I thought the rear accessory plug would do it but it reads voltage with the key switched off. Doubt the tail/brake light would work. This is a new to me 2011 R1200RT...
  5. mikegalbicka

Switched power lead rear of 07RT

I added a set of Skene Design P3 LED lights to the rear of my 07RT and followed these install instructions which used the green/white alarm wire to power the red controller wire. Lights look and work great. The alarm still works BUT the flashing turn signal indicators and dash board light used...
Back