• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

overheating

1. B

2002 R1150R overheating and bad engine clatter

Hi all! I'm new to the forum as well to my recent purchase of a '02 r1150r oilhead and although I have been up on 2 wheels for 35 yrs, this is my 1st bmw oilhead. I love the way it handles and rides however I'm having an overheating and engine clatter problem. Stuck in traffic yesterday morning...
  2. B

Rambo

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community and although I have been up on 2 wheels for 35 yrs now, I have recently purchased a 2002 R1150R with 45k on it. The bike is extremely comfortable and handles like a dream. I got caught in a traffic jam yesterday morning and while idling for about 5...
  3. 9

2018 K1600 GTL Engine Cutout

Just ended a 5 day 1,110 mile trip. Yesterday morning, I jumped on the bike and started out of a parking lot to the street. I could only go 12-15 MPH and nothing over about 1,500 RPM! Needless to say, I didn't get out into traffic. I shut the entire bike and ignition off and started over and...
  4. deilenberger

Navigator-IV locking up?

Doofus, the NAV-IV, started misbehaving when about 20 miles from the Intergalactic Headquarters of Garmin International, in Kansas. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find that out because (1) I was headed to Engel's in Kansas City for an emergency repair (2) Doofus wasn't responding to anything -...
Back