• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

fork seal

1. W

Damper rod and fork seal installation tool

If anyone is interested in fork seal and damper rod installation tools i have 3D printed ones that i can ship for cost. Approximately 20 bucks or so depending on where you live. Send me a PM if you need a set.
  2. nyfty

2017 R1200RT Leaking fork seal

Just returned from the TOR. On the last day doing a pre ride walk around I noticed that the right fork seal was allowing fork oil to seep out. Not gushing but enough to wet the top of the whole seal. I know that the oil in the legs are only there to allow them to slide easily. So I thought I'd...
  3. B

Front fork seal leaking

I have a 2016 R1200GS with 42,000 miles on it. I just discovered the seal is leaking on my left front fork. I see the parts breakdown shows "sealing elements". Looks pretty straight forward. Anything I should be on the lookout for?
  4. weschmann

R 1100 RS Fork Seal issue

Sorry to ask again about fork seals but I've used the search button with no results. My right side fork is leaking still, after changing out the seal and dust cover. I used the lower fork tube removal method, changed the seal, reinstalled following the method of using some dental floss to...
  5. ksdcr

Fork seal question

At the risk of asking a really dumb question, here goes... I just bought a pair of fork seals for my 2000 R1100 RS. Euro Moto Electrics part # Fseal988. One inner side has a slightly beveled edge, as opposed to the other, which is not beveled. So, is the beveled side, the top, or bottom of...
  6. D

Leaking Fork Seals and Warranty

Does anyone know if leaking fork seals are covered under the 3year/36,000 mile factory warranty. I have a 2016 R12GS with 17,000 miles. I’ve searched several forums and it seems variable whether the item is covered or not. My dealer is checking, but why would this not be covered? The bike is...
Back