• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

battery

1. Taffy

Dead battery - 2008 R1200 LT

My 1200 just 'click...click...clicked' when attempting to start after a week on none use. Rode it for the day, seemed to charge up (started back at the barn). Next week - dead, nothing. Battery is an Odyssey pc 680 and a little over a year old. Bad battery or a slow drain? Any idea where I can...
  2. Bdiver

New Battery time... Many alternatives just don't fit!

My 99 R1100RT's Odyssey PC680 just died after 8.5 years. A good run to say the least. So time for a new one. I thought I'd look for some alternatives and many state they "fit" but when looking at the measurements really DON'T FIT. I'm not to jazzed that the NEW Odyssey batteries only have...
  3. R

S1000XR Starting Issues

Hello all Hotheads, I have a 2021 XR with less than 600 miles on it. I just love this machine......when it starts. Here's the symptoms. I go out to start it and it behaves like it has a dead battery with a slow womp, womp, womp and dead. Meanwhile lights are nice and bright and TFR is on...
  4. B

'76 R90/6 - battery recommendation

New rider - current battery in the bike is a Yuasa 12V that seems a bit small for the battery tray. Looking for a recommendation for new one.
  5. J

My First Post: Battery Reco for 1971 R75/5

I am new to this forum but not to motorcycling: I currently own three, including a 1985 Honda NightHawk, a 1971 Triumph Tiger and I just bought a near duplicate of a 1971 BMW R75/5 that I owned a decade ago except this one is not running and needs work. The current dead battery is a BMW Branded...
  6. E

2008 K1200LT cranks over but will not start after new battery

Hello, I am new to the MOA and have a question about my K1200 lt. The battery was just replaced and now it will not start but does turn over. been reading and it says something about the alarm system. Can this be reset at home or does it have to go to the dealer for service? thanks in advance...
  7. ramble

2014 rtw battery part number

I cannot tell if the battery for the years up to 2013 battery will also fit the 2014.
  8. M

Anyone Using This Portable Battery for Jumps?

So I have the DBPOWER 600a battery pack/jump starter. I carry this in my car, and it works great. Haven't used it on the bike but taking it with on my Blue Ridge Parkway trip in a few weeks: https://tinyurl.com/yyjqog69 Anyone else using this? Any thoughts? FAR cheaper than the AntiGravity...
  9. R

Need Recommendation for Service - TEXAS

On my 2015 RT, I replaced the battery about 3 months ago, and have had my BMW Motorrad Battery Charger attached whenever the bike is parked. Recently, I pulled the bike out of its barn, started it, left it run for 10 minutes, then shut it off by pressing the ignition button. Came back 15...
  10. F

2007 R1200 ABS fault - Power supply to pump motor faulty

Hello everyone, I have a nov '07 R1200RT with the brake fault light on. I checked the bike with my GS-911 and it returned the following error: "24048: Power Supply to Pump motor faulty The fault is not present now." So... After some research on the internet and this forum ( :) ), I suspected...
  11. A

Jump Start Battery pack for C650GT Scooter

Can Anyone Suggest a Jump start battery pack that has the accessory wire harness like a battery tender to jump start a scooter? I have to park the scooter in a storage unit with no electric for a battery tender for a extended period of time. In the event of a dead battery I would like to be...
  12. G

charging battery on a chromehead

The battery on my new-to-me 2004 R1200CLC is flat dead. The battery is not conveniently accessible, apparently being buried beneath the gas tank. The dealer says I can charge it by connecting a Battery Tender to a stud marked "+" on the starter casing and a corresponding "-" stud on the cylinder...
  13. D

2005 F650 GS single won't start after replacing battery

Hello to all. I have a 2005 F650 GS single that won't start just after replacing a dead battery. The bike ran fine before the issue with the battery and hoping someone on the forum can help. Bike turns over fine, fuses checked out, there's fuel in the tank. Checked all the obvious things like...
  14. wezul

Strange Battery experience 2007 RT

I packed up for a rally a couple weeks ago, the bike had been on the official BMW charger through accessory outlet for 24-48 hrs. Indicators were green/green. Roll the bike out, hit the magic button. No joy. Fiddled with bike maybe it's not in neutral, be sure side stand is up. Nothing. OK...
  15. H

2002 R1150RT Alternator Voltage

Hi, I have read many other forum posts trying specifically to pin down the approx. or best case voltage the alternator should be...mine is 13.7v on idle and 14.0v at 2000rpm as tested at the battery posts. The reason I ask is I purchased an EarthX battery, threw it in the bike, sat for a day...
  16. jlevee

2004 R1150 Starting Issue

I have a 2004 R1150 Rockster. Recently it has been having issues starting in colder weather (I am in Arizona). I have noticed that if parked in the sun, or recently ridden starts fine. But in the mornings (<70 degrees it does not want to start) The starter was replaced last year, the...
  17. Pahl

R1200GS Electrical Issue

Hi, I live in Ukiah, CA and it was around a 104 degrees the other day so I dicided to take my 10 year old son out for a ride through the redwoods to the coast to cool off. About an hour into the ride and 3 miles from the nearest town, the bike sputtered a little and suddenly died. The starter...
  18. D

Battery replacement recommendations

Stock battery died on my 2009 F650GS. Looking for suggestions for a battery that will either : 1) last as long but is cheaper (dealer wants $163.00) or 2) one that is about the same price but lasts much longer than the stock or 3) the best of both worlds, cheaper and lasts longer
  19. B

1988 K100 RS questions

I'm trying to check all splines by myself and get the machine going again. 1. What grease is recommended for the swing arm bearings? 2. What grease is recommended for the drive shaft universal joint? 3. I'm going to use a 50/50 mix of Honda moly 60 and Wurth 3000 for the splines as I...
  20. kobukan

Battery for 1995 K75 standard (no letters)

I'm probably a little late to help you, but I can answer your question. I put an Odyssey PC925L in my K75 about a year ago. It fits fine without any special brackets, but it is slightly taller and I had to put a little rubber spacer above the coolant reservoir to keep the reservoir snug. Yes...
Back