• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

insurance

1. M

Motorcycle Club Liability Mitigation

Hi all, I'm a board member of a Southern California social / riding club. We have weekly rides of 200 miles or so in the area and once a month we organize out-of-town rides. No drinking of alcohol is permitted during rides. The club has about 100 members. In the past the club was primarily...
  2. M

Recommendation on Motorcycle Insurance Company

Good morning... I'm looking for a reliable company that strikes the best balance between affordability, great coverage, and financial stability. Can anyone with first-hand experience give insights/recommendations? Just found out that USAA doesn't carry motorcycle insurance anymore and I have to...
  3. R

Progressive Insurance

I need a new insurance company since Metlife decided to dump the discount for NRA members. I have a quote from Progressive thru AAA, I would appreciate any pro or negative comments on dealing w/them
  4. jek_ict

2016 Best and Worst Drivers by State

The Best and Worst Drivers by State Kansas ranks in at lucky number 13, and I'm surprised we weren't worse. :banghead
  5. S

Tore up my knee. Very worried about my motorcycle future.

I'm 23 years old and recently had an accident on a trampoline. Tore up my knee pretty badly. The front ligament on my knee is entirely separated and I will need a surgery. I have no insurance. I have no idea how I will afford this much needed surgery. I have no idea how this will effect my...
  6. 1

BMW dealer maintenance issue

On 03-17-15 I was traveling in south Florida on a 2013 BMW GSA. I somehow picked up a screw in the rear tire. I repaired the tire temporarily with a plug and then looked in my Anonymous Book for a local dealer. I had a set of New Metzler Tourance's with me on this trip. I telephoned HAP'S...
  7. A

Best Roadside Assistance Coverage

I'm in the process of insuring two BMW motorcycles in WA State, after a move from WI. I noticed that the new coverage did not cover towing or any roadside assistance (yet). This prompts me to ask on the Forum for suggestions for the most effective and economical roadside assistance program...
  8. TomDac

Motorcycle Insurance

Hey all, I'd like to get your thoughts on my insurance dilemma: 3 years ago I bought a motorcycle after not owning one for 16 years.. A 1983 Honda VF1100C. (V65 Magna). I got insured by Progressive, as my auto insurance company (Wawanesa Mutual) doesn't do motorcycles. No biggie. It was...
Back