• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

r100r

1. M

All neutrals after deceleration

My '94 R100R with 15K miles suddenly after decelerating from highway speed went into neutral and wouldn't engage any gear. The clutch pull became abnormally light. The clutch cable and external linkage all appear intact. After rotating the the rear wheel back and forth with the bike on the...
  2. M

1994 R100R rough idle

My 94 R100R suddenly started idling on one cylinder (it sounded exactly like my SR500 lol!). The left cylinder was not firing and bike would idle at ~700 RPM Rolling on the throttle and the left cylinder would start to fire and above 2000 RPM the bike runs perfectly. I screwed in the idle...
  3. K

My 1992 R100R has been in the back of my garage since 2001. What's it likely worth?

I bought my R100R new in '92. My first and only motorcycle. I rode it until 2001 and it has 10,814 miles. My girlfriend was scared of motorcycles, so I switched to BMW convertibles. I love the bike and keep thinking I'll ride it again but it's never happened, so I think it's time to sell it...
  4. M

R100R won't crank good battery

When I went to start my 1994 R100R that has not run in a month or so and has been on a battery tender the entire time, I turned the key on and the indicator lights all came on as normal but when I pressed the start button the starter motor engaged for a fraction of a second then everything went...
  5. M

R100R crash bar removal

On an R100R is there any way to remove the factory crash bars and still keep the kickstand?
  6. 1

Tires- Tubeless or not? '91-'95(ish) R100R Rims/Wheels/Tires

Hey gang- I've done a bit of looking around, and I'm curious about something on my '93 R100R in relation to the wheels, specifically. And, before you go on, please understand that the 1993 R100R has an 18" front wheel, and *not* a 19" like earlier years. :stick Basically, I'm looking to...
Back