• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k1200gt

1. D

03 K1200GT (K41) cruise control pops off

Didn't see if anyone else was experiencing this, but my K41's cruise control pops off at will, any common places I can check and make sure everything is operating correctly? I thought I should just replace the module but since it seems to sometimes happen during bumps (not exclusively) I thought...
  2. M

How much beer should I get for my friend who did a lot of work on my 2003 K1200GT

One of the guys I ride with was looking for stuff to do this off-season. He's super handy, detail-oriented, has every tool you can imagine, so I dropped off my 120,000 mile 2003 K1200GT for some work. He only wants beer as payment. I paid for all those parts deliveries from Bob's BMW, Beemer...
  3. M

seeking the discontinued PIAA 1100X bulb

A few years ago, I knew PIAA was discontinuing their 1100X bulbs that I used on my 2003 K1200GT, so I bought four of them. Well, I just used the last one so, I have no spares. I went pretty deep online and couldn't a source. Does anyone know a source they'd like to share? Thanks in advance...
  4. D

new 2003 K1200GT owner.. did I make a mistake?

I own several bikes, but have been without a BMW for the past year, so I broke down and bought a used, 2003 K1200GT with 26,000 miles on it recently at my local BMW dealer. The bike's had extensive service in its lifetime, and I'm wondering if I jumped into an endless pit of expensive...
  5. C

Bosch XR7LDC spark plugs - different flavors?

So... I'm doing the routine maintenance work on my '04 K1200GT for the first time. So far so good. Oil and filter change, transmission and final drive oil change, coolant change. And plugs. And valves. Ordered a set of Bosch XR7LDC plugs online from a reputable BMW parts dealer. Was...
  6. L

08 K12GT Wheels

Can anyone verify if rims from a K1200S (2006-2008) can fit on a K1200GT (2006-2008)?
  7. H

'08 K1200 GT fuel filter

I've looked through every fiche in the parts list for the '08 K1200GT and can not find the fuel filter. Where did BMW hide it, and what is the part number. Getting ready to do a annual inspection and need the fuel filter.
  8. T

Intermittent brake failure light and speedometer failure

2007 K1200GT w/ABS. Recently the brake failure light flashes while riding. I braked hard a couple of times when I saw it and there doesn't appear to be any brake issues. The speedometer needle dropped to zero several times on my last ride. Could this be a sensor, wiring harness or connector...
  9. T

Clutch Issue 07 K1200GT

I have an 07 K1200GT with less than 37K miles. I suspect the clutch is slipping. How can I confirm that?
  10. sullycuse

Convert Corbin Heated Seat connector to BMW Connector - 2007 K1200GT

Hello. I am purchasing a used heated Corbin seat that has barrel type connectors. I was wondering if anyone knows of a repair cable so I can convert the Corbin seat connector into the BMW Connector to plug right into the existing plug on the bike. I am sure I could spice in a couple of barrel...
  11. sullycuse

Centech AP-2 Install 2007 K1200GT

All. I just got done installing the Centech AP-2 on my 2007 K1200GT and it could not have gone better. I ran across this company, Excel Cycle Werks in Illinois on the AdvRider forum and their premade kit, specifically for the K1200GT, made this install a breeze. Not only was the kit all set up...
  12. M

08' K1200 GT BMW convert from HD in Kentucky

Just picked up a 2008 K1200GT two weeks after hitting a deer and totaling my Ultra Classic. Blessed is an understatement with just a few minor scrapes and bruises. Sprain ankle and slight shoulder separation two weeks to the day I was able to get back out there for a ride and so far I am...
  13. S

'06 k1200gt clutch replacement, repair manual?

Just bought an 06 k1200gt with 35 k miles and lots of clutch slippage. Is the clutch replacement process a reasonable DIY project or should I leave it to the pros? About how much will it set me back? And has anybody found a repair manual for this bike? This year/model seems to have fallen...
  14. merrittgene

K1200GT won't start - help needed, URGENT

Help! I'm stranded (in my own garage) but I'm trying to leave Wednesday. :banghead 2006 K1200GT, no recent service/changes of any kind. Bike ran fine one week ago and sat in garage since. I went to the garage this morning, and on a whim, started the bike to make sure it was ready to go...
  15. merrittgene

Cruise control disengaging

Last year, I bought a used 2006 K1200GT with 8K miles. The cruise worked fine, or at least the issues were rare/unpredictable. Now, one year later and at 22K miles, I've noticed that the cruise pretty regularly shuts off when I push the left turn signal button. Never the right turn signal, or...
  16. merrittgene

K1200GT battery recommendations?

My new-to-me 2006 K1200GT was garaged for 3 years, and I fear the battery is not good. I can't get it tested right now, but I can ask for advice about what to replace it with, if the need arises. What's the current wisdom? Maybe more importantly, what/which should I avoid? Thanks!
  17. 1

Seats for r1200gs

Just purchased a 2009 r1200 gs and i am not craisy about the seats... Dont like corbin seats too heavy and too hard not bill mayers to heavy any other sugestion for good long distance traveling seats. Thank you
Back