• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

thread repair

1. L

2016 R1200R coolant leak/thread damage

I recently changed coolant and in the process damaged the threads in the right cylinder where the banjo bolt w/check valve (p/n:17128523491) screws in, so now it leaks. The banjo bolt itself is good. I’ve tried using thread sealer without success. I’m hoping for a solution that doesn’t require...
  2. B

stripped oil pan bolts

I have 4 longer bolts replaced by the previous owner on the oil pan sure enough... when I switched location and put a stock bolt into that hole... its stripped.... thus the reason the previous owner put a long one once I removed the pan and saw where the bolts mount on flanges... I don't...
  3. S

Best Exhaust Thread Repair Method

Hi Gents, I've just bought a spare pair of R100/7 heads and one head has some damaged exhaust threads. I have a 12 x 36 lathe and a milling machine, so I was thinking of making a jig to hold the head and spin it in the lathe, so could machine the new weld down and then re-cut the thread. It...
  4. ChockB

R1100 cylinder stud hole thread repair

Repairing a leaking head gasket has taken a turn for the worse. :banghead The leak was due to the threads in the block pulling out. Just over 40k on the bike... Low miles, but a rough life thanks to po. Have searched for options and decided on using a time-sert instead of a helicoil for...
Back