• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

forks

1. D

Fork rebuild advice

I'm a Forum newbie so pardon me if this topic has been thoroughly addressed. I'm seeking advice on a potential airhead fork rebuild. I have a 1979 R100RS with only 40K miles. Whenever I ride over a rough road surface (pot holes, train tracks, etc.), I feel and hear a distinct rattling "thunk,"...
  2. J

fork tubes

I'm not sure if this post will be of much help to people but thought i should post it anyways. I helped move thousands of fork tubes the last 2 days. From an old fork company in Evanston Illinois. The company is called Franks Forks. They've been in business since 1966. Some of what i moved...
  3. brook.reams

1973 R75/5 Rebuild Project Journal

I'm rebuilding my wife's 1973 BWM R75/5 with 97,500 miles. I documented how I restored the Bing carburetors with photos and procedures plus a Bing exploded view of the carbs as a guide. Enjoy. http://brook.reams.me/2013/01/04/1973-bmw-r755-bing-carburetor-restoration/ I'll be posting more...
Back