• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r100rs

1. M

R100RS - top box mount - Ideas Wanted!!

Hi All: I have an '83 R100RS with the stock dual seat that has the cute, but rather useless, little carrier rack. I also have a nice Honda GL1100 top box that I would like to attach to the bike (yeah, I know - sacrilege). Last year I worked out a mounting system and a buddy 3-D printed some...
  2. M

Paint suggestions

Hi All, I'm thinking about re-painting my 77 R100RS. It's currently a naked bike. When I purchased it a few years ago it came w/o the fairing and painted the correct color for the year, but the paintjob is a bit home made. Looking for suggestions on color scheme and skilled painters...
  3. M

R100RS fairing pouches...?

Dear All: I recently acquired a nice 1983 R100RS and while the bike is great, there are a couple of minor omissions which I am trying to address, one of which is the lack of any easy-access storage in the fairing. It seems to me that the spaces between the inside of the RS fairing and the...
  4. fox_85

Looking for a 1978 R100RS in Harvest Gold

Hello everybody-- Hoping the community can help me out with a small request.. I am looking for a particular 1978 BMW R100RS in Harvest Gold, with the VIN 6182967R1001RS. I did a VIN search and found that as of 2014 it was titled in PA, and is still titled there. At the time it had about 78k...
  5. W

R100RS 40th Anniversary Celebration, Harleysville, PA

Had the distinct honor to meet Hans Muth, Udo Gietl and Jochen Siebenrock at the 40th R100RS Anniversary Celebration hosted by Todd Trumbore in Harleysville, PA. What a great event, met so many new folks and re-connected with old friends. The amount of R100RS's onsite was a visual feast, even...
  6. H

Explain it to me like I'm five / lowering 78 R100RS front end

So Im 27 and have every intention of turning my beautiful newly purchased 78 r100rs into a cafe racer. I have been bitten hard by the cafe bug so please don't try to talk me out of this project or lecture me on the beauty of the Italian wind tunnel designed fairing all you loyal old curmudgeons...
  7. happy wanderer

1982 R100RS Shifter Bushing

My RS has a very worn shifter bushing so the lever is pretty sloppy. Looking at the RealOEM and Max fiches today it seems this shifter and bushing is no more. From what I can tell they want me to buy a whole new shift lever that is not available right now which comes with a needle bearing...
  8. NYDESMO

New from New York City

I took possession of my 1980 R100RS yesterday, so I thought it was time to join. It's a bike I've always wanted and so excited to finally have one and join the group. Hope the forums will help me better understand the bike and learn the do's / do nots of wrenching on it. Currently also own a...
  9. C

R100RS rear view mirrors - can't see...

Just got my bike on the road and went for a nice weekend drive down highway 1 in California. What a great way to get riding again! Lovely bike but i noticed I had little real knowledge of the traffic and cars behind and around me due to how narrowly placed the mirrors are on my bike. I'm pretty...
  10. jad01

RS mirror extensions

I did a search on the forum and came up with a few posts (thanks to Kurt's trick using Google), but I thought I'd post the question and see if anyone can give me a clearer view...:ha I need to do something about the mirrors on my "new-to-me" '84 RS, which pretty much give me an excellent view...
  11. S

Instrument Failure

The last time I took my 1978 R100RS out, it started right up just fine -- after several weeks stuffed in the garage while there was a constant threat of rain. The problem is that the clock, voltmeter and tachometer all decided to stop working simultaneously. This machine is 34 years old and...
  12. 20774

R100RS Photo Gallery

Ran across this recently: http://rides.webshots.com/album/576220033hRQMfE
  13. bob_m

R100RS Mirrors

Anyone familiar with the R100RS knows that the mirrors give a perfect view of one's shoulders. Considering this a safety issue I set on a quest to improve the mirrors without ruining the style of the beautiful machine. First I bought some aftermarket mirrors with stalks and mounted them onto...
Back