• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

relay

1. W

headlight relay

Not sure how but I think I fried my headlight relay. The headlight is on even with the ignition turned off and the relay is warm to the touch. Are there aftermarket relay options and where is the best place to get hold of a new relay?
  2. J

relay help

Hi guys, back from europe and again reassembling my new to me 2000 r1100rt, installed new clutch and had the frame up at the rear now back down only to find, I have ign light and neutral light and abs flashing no head light or tail or turn signals screen wont raise or fall, all worked before...
  3. B

Seemingly Unusual Flasher Relay Issue

I have done quite a bit of googling trying to find info on this, but found only unrelated flasher timing issues instead, so here I am, joining BMWMOA: I flipped on the left turn signal, heard the slightest pop sound, and no left turn signal (front, rear, or idiot light indicator) has...
  4. A

Starter Relay

Just need help in locating the starter relay on a 1978 R100/7? Is it on the left side? Thank you
  5. A

Dual Fiamm Horns on r90/6 with relay

Hi All, My horn recently failed, so I've purchased 2 Fiamms (one high & one low). I've been looking online for instructions and have found numerous posts about using a relay, so I got a relay: Bosch 0-332-209-158. Here's what I'm encountering: 1. Connect 1 horn to the existing wiring -...
  6. C

79 R100T Starting Problem...

Hello, I'm new here, this is my first post. :-) When I turn on the ignition, all the lights come up and the volt meter reads ~12V, transmission is in neutral, when I press the starter button: nothing happens, no clicking or anything. The only thing that happens is the brake failure light...
  7. wavery

'87 K100RS Intermittent Headlight - installing a relay

When I turn my headlight on on my '87 K100RS, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, the high beam indicator lights up (with no actual high beam coming from the headlight). I understand headlight problems are common with these bikes, and reading through the forums the three...
  8. B

Wanted: 12v source that goes off with the key

For my '09 K1300GT. I'm now using power from the GPS plug near the battery box to power a relay. With the relay I control my GPS, my radar detector and my radar detector's audio amplifier. The GPS plug connects to 1. Ground 2. About 10.5 volts. Comes on with key, goes off with key. BUT it's...
Back