• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

drain plug

1. stooie

R1200RT Engine Oil Drain Plug

First of all, a thousand apologies to all of you. This topic must have been covered hundreds of times in previous threads. Alas, I was 100% successful in absolutely failing to find anything using the "search" and "advanced search" tools on this forum. I'm sure it's operator error. Does the...
  2. J

Oil Drain Plug Other than Fumoto

Another member mentioned other drain plug besides the Fumoto and said it was better but did not say what it was. Can anyone tell me what the name is, thanks.
  3. M

transmission drain plug on my 2000 R1100S

For some reason the drain plug on the bottom of my transmission has a really large hex head that Napa auto, ace hardware and the mechanic at the gas station in my little town did not have a big enough hex. My guess is around 18 or 20 mm. Is this some weird retrofit by a prior owner or have other...
  4. kentuvman

Look what's attached to my magnetic oil drain plug - 2008 K12GT

https://youtu.be/YhKCRR0CMP4 Drained oil today - think it's an oil passageway plug - anyone know where this originated & cause for concern? 11k on the clock & she's been running great. Not exactly sure what it is but there is no marks on it from it going thru a gear or causing any motor...
  5. B

R80RT Final Drive Drain Plug

Needed to change my oil(s). When It was time to drain oil from final oil, I discovered the drain plug was rather tight. I backed it off and after the oil had drained out, I gingerly screw drain plug back in but found it could not be tighten?? Further investigation, the drain plug had been...
Back