• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

nav v

1. B

Nav 5 problems resolved

I recently posted about problems I was having with my Nav 5 being stuck on the calibration screen. One gentleman replied that he was able to resolve issues on his GPS with a new memory card. I tried it and it worked! I upgraded my memory card from a 64G to a 128G memory card. I then did a...
  2. B

Nav 5 problems

Mt Nav 5 started acting funny in the last couple of days. When I would start the bike, the GPS wouldn't turn on for a couple of minutes. When I got home this morning, I tried updating the software. I also did a soft boot, a hard boot, and tried removing the battery. Now the GPS is on the...
  3. B

Where can I get a replacement battery for my Nav V ?

Doh! I left out the word BATTERY in my title. I need a replacement battery. I've been to Amazon and there are too many batteries to list - and none with the same spec as what's in my Nav V right now. $110 to buy one from BMW seems a little excessive. Thanks In advance! Edit: Thanks Kurt. You...
  4. W

NAV VI Discontinued

I went on the Garmin web page and found out they have discontinued the BMW Nav VI. I contacted Garmin Customer Service and they didn't have information on a replacement unit. I'm not going to spend $950 at the BMW dealer on a new NAV VI that is discontinued. Anyone have information from the...
  5. S

Nav V stuck in Year 2000

I tacked this on to a previous thread on the Navigator V and I think that was not the best approach for getting input from the GPS wizards our there. So, here is a repeat. After the most recent update, I noticed that my Nav V thinks the date is March 23, 2000 and I cannot find a way to change...
  6. N

Anyone know the definitive way to charge Nav V's battery while off the bike?

I found this thread: https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?73027-Charging-problems-with-BMW-Navigator-V&p=939168&viewfull=1#post939168 This is so full of contradictory information it's nearly worthless. I have had it plugged into a PC w/ Garmin Express running in the background and it...
  7. D

NAV 5 -- Showing Map with no destination

Hi, Kinda old school but I still like using a map. I really like the GPS to show me the upcoming cross roads and the terrain. Very hesitant to put in a "destination" because I can never get rid of it. The GPS has to be off for quite a while (overnight) before I can get a fresh "view map"...
  8. skibumwi

How can I change Start/End point on Nav V route?

All, I've been able to download some really nice looking routes from the intertubes but am wondering how I can change the Start/End point on the route to better match my expected travels? The routes each have a start/end specified but they don't necessarily correspond to where I would be...
  9. sgoyette

Nav V Tire Pressure Units

Hi All, I just recently purchased a 2014 R1200gs Adventure and have put the Nav V from my F800gs Adventure on it. Everything works but I can't seem to figure out how to change the tire pressure units. On the bike display it shows PSI but in the Nav V it shows Bar. I've looked all over the...
  10. roamingbeemer

Nav V

Hi! Have others experienced the Nav V taking all day to update? It is 3pm Eastern and it has been updating since 9am. It is 50 percent finished at this point so I am just letting it go. It has been one year since I last updated it so maybe that is a factor. My internet speed is not an issue on...
  11. zenwhipper

Convince me to buy a Nav V / Nav VI vs another GPS

I have a 2016 RT and on my lengthy farkle list is a GPS for the bike. I have obviously been looking at the plug-n-play BMW Nav V (and now the new Nav VI) with it being integrated to the bike (dash mount, wonder wheel functionality) but it feels like a lot of money to me. If I explored another...
  12. R

Navigator 5 EUR region addition questions

Hello, I am a '16 RT owner in Virginia. I am going to rent a R1200RT in late April in UK and ride through France and Spain for a couple of weeks. I have a Navigator 5 on my R1200RT here in Virginia, and would like to take the device with me for my European ride. I have to pay an extra daily...
  13. exgman

Garmin Posts NavV Map Upate

New version available today is 2018.10
  14. M

Use the Navigator V My Motorcycle App on non-GS?

Hello MOA Forum members. I'm new the the community, but have a few years of BMW motorcycle riding under my belt. Last year I traded my 09 F800ST for a new 15' RT. I purchased the Nav V at that time and a chief selling aspect was what I thought would be the ability to view realtime bike data and...
  15. skibumwi

Nav V - am I missing something

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I couldn't find a topic devoted to the Nav V. After a bit on consternation I decided to purchase the Nav V for my 2016 R1200RTW which was Nav-ready. After taking it out for a test-spin today I can say that I am really disappointed in the...
  16. B

Results of Nav V Routes Experiment

In a different thread, I promised to do an experiment regarding: * creating routes in Basecamp, using a profile such as (Motorcycling, Fastest Time) and a second route using a profile such as (Motorcycling, Curvy Roads). This is a report of my findings. Creating the routes in Basecamp was more...
  17. J

Anyone try adding memory to Nav V?

I added a sony 16GB microcard to my Nav V - Best Buy assured m it would work - and it made the screen go funny, it kept shutting down, and Garmin Express wouldn't recognise the device. Fortunately all was well when I removed the card. Anyone have better luck?
  18. ichavis

Best Option to mount a Zumo 590 on a R1200RTW

I am about to trade in my R1200GS for a 2014 R1200RTW demo , probably dozens of things I need to figure out most immediate, what is the best preferred method for mounting GPS? I am considering this Hornig mount...
  19. B

Q: Are the NAV GPS units worth the premium over Zumo 660 LM?

This is aimed at owners of the NAV unit who by now have either regrets or happiness over their purchase. Love to hear your opinions and recommendations.
  20. R

Info for a New GPS Wanted

I am interested in a new GPS for the Motorcycle that has the following features: If you know of one please advise me and thanks. 1) Bluetooth for Phone 2) Has transflective L CD (like the MONTANA 600, or GPSMap 276c) 3) Shows Tracks on Map 4) Plays MP3 Music Is waterproof for use on a...
Back