• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

gs911

1. S

Moto Scan question

Does anyone have an opinion or recommendation on which version of Moto Scan to buy from the Google App Store? The Ultimate is $45.35 and unlocks all features, but doesn’t really state what those are. The Professional is only $ 27.99 and states; Lite functions Basic functions Actuators Reset...
  2. globalrider

MotoScan App vs ....

I have to give the MotoScan App a big thumbs up, because it was able to do what my ultra-expensive GS-911 could not do. MotoScan comes in 4 versions. Lite: FREE Basic: €14.99 Professional: €29.99 Ultimate: €49.99 (about US$58) I chose the Ultimate version. I didn't see the point to having a...
  3. A

Starts but won't keep running, checked many things, what might I be missing ???

Hello; Need some advice, perspective and or guidance. 2013 R1200GSA. When she refused to start during a recent trip on CO BDR, I field stripped her on the side of the road checking everything from kickstand switch to fuel in tank to every electrical connection I could find. Disconnected...
  4. ramble

My first Hex code Product

Saw a post recently about the newest in GS 911's but lost place of it. I want to purchase so I can monitor my 2020RT . suggestions?
  5. E

Gs911 WiFi

Hi all, I bought a 2020 r1250rt (my first BMW bike). I live a couple of hours from the dealership and decided to buy the gs911 WiFi so that i can do most of services myself. I tried to connect to the diagnostic port and it looks like the physical connector has slots that are backwards form the...
  6. B

How do I reset maintenance light after oil change

The maintenance light on the dashboard of my 17 RTW is on. I changed oil at 18,000 and now at 20,000 the light stays on. Rather than run to the dealer, can I reset this my self? What tools, scanners, I-phone apps might I need? Thanks for any advice!
  7. A

Gs 911

Someone told me about the GS 911 that will clear the service reminders on BMW motorcycles. I am thinking about buying one. Does anyone know if it will work on a 2019 BMW 1250gs with a TFT screen? I want to make sure before I lay out the money.
  8. A

GS-911 Diagnostic tool

So I am new to the BMW group. And I just purchased a R1250 RT. And I am looking for a diagnostic tool that I can use to reset my service notice. I saw that the GS-911 is a tool that is made for this bike. I was wondering if there are other less expensive tools out there that can do the same...
  9. D

Gs-911

The Beemer Shop has 30% discount on the GS-911. Best price I’ve seen on them. Sale ends December 9th. https://www.beemershop.com Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. 1

GS-911 purchase

Hi, i have a 2016 k1600 GTLE and now have the service light on, already changed the oil and see i need a tool to reset this. Looking around i hear the GS-911 is the one, but i am not sure which cable, can someone shed some light on what i need to buy? thank you
  11. roger 04 rt

R1250 and GS-911 Issues

While helping a rider evaluate the AF-XIED on an R1250, I came across several problems with the Realtime Value log that I addressed to Hexcode's Mojo Helpdesk. 1. The R1250 has three lambda sensors. There is no realtime value column(s) for the third post-catalytic-converter sensor. Can you add...
  12. T

Limp Mode

Not sure if this is on another thread, if so my apologies. I have a '15 R1200GSA and went for a short ride today. Stopped and topped off with fuel and overfilled a bit. On the way home it went into an error mode I think is called Limp Mode. Fortunately it was only a block form the house so I...
  13. AjaxTheDog

GS-911 Generation 1 is a No-Go for my wethead.

I have had a gen 1 (the yellow one) GS-911 for 5 years now and used it on my 2010 K1300GT and my 2012 R1200RT. But when I connected it to my new 2017 R1200RT I get a weird message that this GS-911 "interface" does not support my model, need to use another one which of course turns out the be...
  14. B

2011 R1200RT - Scary Red Triangle with Battery Symbol

So I’m riding along minding my own business when suddenly the red triangle pops up on my display scaring me half to death so I pull over at the dealer who does my oil changes, tires, etc...(not a factory Motorrad dealer) and leave the bike with them. I was scheduled for an oil change and a...
  15. captainmarko

Gs911

If I wanted to buy my own GS911, for my 2015 R1200RT, are there any particulars of which I should be aware? Does it have to be a certain model? Any input would be appreciated.
  16. AKsuited

GS-911 noob seeks advice

Okay, I've got the software installed on my laptop for the wifi version of the GS-911. I hooked it up to the laptop the other night and updated the firmware. I intend to use it to reset service reminders and flush the brake fluid. Question: what else should I do with it? Do I need to get into...
  17. beemermyke

GS-911 won't play nice at times

I have the standard Wifi version GS-911, and I'm a rookie user at best. I have used it on my R1200GSA to reset the service reminder, two different R1150RS bikes, and most recently a K1200RS over the weekend (on these last three bikes, we wanted to ensure there were no "mystery" codes following...
  18. G

MotoScan use

This may fall under the cheapest thing on a BMW. Is anyone on here using the MotoScan app in their maintanence routines? Thanks Gator
  19. D

canceling service prompt

After my dealer break-in service, I've been doing my own oil changes, etc. How do I cancel the annoying service prompt on my dash??? (2016 F700)
  20. P

Proper Brake Bleed Procedure Using GS911 on 2014 1200 GSW

I'm preparing to flush the brake fluid on my 2014 1200 GSW. I have a Hex GS911 but have not been able to find the proper flush sequence (including the abs unit) anywhere for a 1200 GS wethead. Do I need to flush the abs (with GS911) while bleeding the rear calipers, and then again while bleeding...
Back