• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tpms

1. J

TPMS Going out

Has anyone had success with installing a TPMS sensor purchased from Amazon? I was quoted $340 for the BMW replacement Did the new one last? Thanks
  2. B

TPMS Issue ? 2016 R1200RS

On tour right now and smacked a pothole which set off the yellow warning triangle for front tire pressure. It didn't feel any different but I stopped and got out my pressure gauge - 37psi. What the ...? Fired up the bike and rode down the road about 50km with the yellow triangle staring me in...
  3. gtrider

TPMS Sensor Part# and Size Confusion

Time for new tires on my 2010 K1300GT and decided to replace the original TPMS sensors at the same time. On the MaxBMW fiche it looks like the originals were 36 31 8 532 731 or 732, both NLA. There’s also a 36 31 8 567 683, also NLA, that is superseded by 36 31 9 832 032 at the insane price of...
  4. R

Tire Pressure Monitor

Front tire pressure monitor on my 2016 RT lit up on dashboard a few months ago. Checked PSI and around 32 but monitor in computer had no PSI reading. Same happened 3 weeks ago and adjusted PSI to 38psi. Saturday same thing and PSI was at 38psi. I hate these things, had issues with them in my...
  5. R

TPMS Retrofit - F800s with Cast Wheels

Great how-to post over here: https://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php/320981-Tyre-Pressure-Monitoring-Factory-Retro-Fit-MotoScan-Walk-Through
  6. 1

Good Aftermarket TPMS Systems?

I hope this subject hasn’t been covered elsewhere, I did a search. If so, if someone could point me the correct thread that would be great. I have a DORAN aftermarket TPMS on my ’05 GS that has been good for many years. Unfortunately the in-wheel sensors have gone kaput and are no longer...
  7. P

Will the TPMS do extra measurements without restarting the engine?

Hi all, I think that this applies to any fairly recent model with BMW TPMS — has anyone discovered how to force the TPMS to do another pressure check on demand, while riding? Currently, the only way that I know of is to stop and restart the engine . . . while at a longer stop light, for...
  8. D

TPMS Question

I have an extra set of wheels for my 2017 GSA, and according to the GS-911, I have the ability to have two sets of TPMS's, set "A" and set "B". when I use the GS-911, it only shows option for one set. I'm I missing something? The TPMS's that I have for the second set of wheels are OEM from...
  9. B

Tpms removal?

Will the tire still hold air if I remove the tpms from the front wheel? 2017 RT. Bob
  10. F

Tire Pressure Monitoring System Options

EDITED: Found the answer. Sorry, newbie. Wondering if anyone is aware of a TPMS system that doesn’t use valve cap pressure senders?? That system doesn’t interest me, but I’d like to have some method of monitoring that uses an in-tire (tubeless) sensor like the water cooled bikes.
  11. GeorgeR1200RT

Tire Pressure gauge in wheel

I have a 2007 R1200RT. The tire pressure gauges in the wheels no longer transmit to the instrument panel. It would cost around $300 to have them replaced at a dealer. I now live in the Louisville, KY area. Is there a way to have repair done? It may be as simple as a new battery. Do you...
  12. D

2015 rt tpms

I need to replace the TPMS on my 2015 RT. Can anyone tell me the proper torque on the hollow bolt that holds it to the wheel? Thanks in advance!
  13. A

FOBO Bluetooth Tyre Pressure sensors

Hi Fellow BMW Hex and Cam heads, I have just been reviewing the FOBO Tyre Pressure sensors for bike riders. Have any of you got these on-board and what do you think?? Are they the value that youtube is telling me?? My research is telling me to get the T Valves as well. Do these combinations (T...
  14. B

tire pressure monitoring systems 2005 r 1200 rt

I am ready for more farkle and am thinking about a TPMS. There are so many choices from under $100 to over $300; anybody have any recommendations?
  15. glospolbiker

TPMS alternative

Hi all, Has anyone removed the genuine BMW TPMS sensors from their bikes and installed another make? I have problems at the moment where there has not been any "battery low" alerts however, sometimes both sensors are not being displayed (error something like electronic interference) and other...
  16. Dann

Can TPMS be retrofitted?

I have an 07 RT and I'm wondering if the TPMS can be retrofitted on it. If not, are there any good 3rd party solutions? Too bad I only have a ZUMO 350. There is a Garmin TPMS but it works with the 390 unit and not the 350.
Back