• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r100gs

1. Q

Looking for Autocad drawings for R100GS Frame

Does anyone know of a source for .dwg or .dxf files on the R100GS frame? Other CAD sources might be easily converted so please don't ignore them if you know where to find them.
  2. Q

Hello from Victoria, BC

My name is John, most of my friends call me 'March". I've recently returned from a seven year tour around the Pacific on my sailboat and got right back in to motorcycles. I sold everything before leaving so I've a bit of 'catching up' to do. I've purchased a 1990 R100GS from a dealer in central...
  3. chasmrider

1990 R 100 GSPD handlebar risers

I am looking for a set of risers for my 90 PD, all I have found so far is Touratech which give a 35 mm rise, but are out of stock. I was thinking maybe up to 50 mm rise. anyone have a lead or opinion?
  4. ohiorider

Zipper incompability - 1991 R100GS baseplate and Multivario bag

A few years ago, I was fortunate to find a new-old-stock (NOS) MultiVario tank bag to replace the 20 year old one I'd ridden with forever. My old tank bag is badly faded, and the bag's zippers are worn out. Unfortunately, none of the zippers on either of my existing base plates (I have two...
  5. L

GS Upgrades

Need information on aftermarket upgrades for '95 R100GS PD in order of priority. Bike has one-up Corbin seat with Happy Trails panniers. Bike has 25,000 miles. Anything that would extend the life or make the bike safer of more comfortable, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Lost_Boy
  6. brittrunyon

Ride Northern New Mexico

The area around Santa Fe and Taos have some great possibilities. This is a short video of one such quick 20 mile ride along the Rio Grande River in Taos County. Notice the the blue rafts on the trailer, there's great white water. <iframe...
  7. R

Non-sealing gas cap

My '89 R100GS has always had a very slight smell of gas around it. After a lot of checking, I have determined that the gas cap is not sealing well. The locking mechanism does not work well. Is there a gasket or something that needs to be replaced?
  8. R

Tubeless tire conversion for r100gs

I really like tubeless tires. In the cases of punctures I have had, their tendency to deflate gradually made it easier to prevent loss of control. Is there a way to convert the regular spoked wheels of the GS so they will accept tubeless tires, or must I buy new wheels.
  9. R

Two bikes, neither working

My 07 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 burned out its voltage regulator two weeks ago. Since then, the warehouse has sent two new ones, both wrong for the bike. So I took advantage of a deal to buy a 89 R100GS, figuring that way I would always have a bike to ride. To get a license for it, it needed a new...
  10. 1

Tires- Tubeless or not? '91-'95(ish) R100R Rims/Wheels/Tires

Hey gang- I've done a bit of looking around, and I'm curious about something on my '93 R100R in relation to the wheels, specifically. And, before you go on, please understand that the 1993 R100R has an 18" front wheel, and *not* a 19" like earlier years. :stick Basically, I'm looking to...
  11. D

The never ending "which tire" dielema for the GS.

So I have my new to me 1992 R100GS and she needs a new pair of shoes. I'm probably going to ride mostly on pavement but the little riding I do off road I want to have reasonable traction. Does it make sense to have a 50/50 tire for the off road traction even if you ride mostly on the highway...
  12. M

R100GS Windscreen

I have tried many screens on my 1989 R100GS. This is the "old style" with the bikini fairing. Have gone back to that original because the screen I had was too heavy. Am thinking of a light bar-mounted screen like the Givi 620. Has anyone tried such a fit, or have other suggestions. I have both...
  13. B

OldSchooling on the "Lone Star Trail"

Great camping at Steele Creek Park on Whitney Lake,Texas This is a no fee camping area. Whitney Lake Texas Morning cowboy coffee Things are slow at work, so I ask my bud Papple if he would transfer my GS down South. His itinerary was Florida to Texas. Texas is where I want to be, as...
  14. B

Pictorial of The 30th State

Welcome to Wisconsin Buddy posing at the corner stone of my kin's homestead barn :brow Table of contents :bolt Page: 1Elkhart Lake Kettle Moraine http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=14771 2 Heart of Luxembourg Tour & West Bend...
Back