• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

surging

1. V

2012 RT Intermittent Stuttering/surging Running Problems

I have a 2012 R1200Rt with 48000 miles. A few times over the summer I notice the bike stumble or surge. After this happened, everything ran fine. Maybe about two months later it happened again. Then everything was running ok. I has new tires installed at the dealer about 4 weeks ago. The...
  2. hendrik

O no not another thread about surging

But yes. So I have had 5 different oil heads all have had some degree of surging from barely noticeable to are you kidding me. My current oil head is a 99R1100RT with staintune exhaust and no cat. which had a pronounced surge at about 1/4 throttle and light acceleration. So I added a O2 sensor...
  3. T

BMW - AF - XiED Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this Holy Grail plug & play device being marketed (and praised) on BeemerBoneyard? This is supposed to "cure" the fuel mixture problem with all 1100 & 1150 oil heads. The price is certainly fair for this item if it will actually do the trick, but...
  4. L

2014 surging

Today, I noticed when I was in 3rd. gear going about 45 mph., and holding the throttle steady, I had a constant surging that didn't go away until I rolled on the throttle or, shifted gears. Anyone else have this issue?
  5. 1

2011 R1200 GS - Engine surges after synchronization with GS-911

Hi, My bike (with 74,000 km on it) was working fine prior to doing a synchronization with the GS-911 today. As part of routine maintenance, I thought I would check the synchronization, so I connected the GS-911 using my laptop and I believe I followed the directions as prompted by the GS-911...
  6. amtoro

Fuel delivery system and surging/buckling

Fuel delivery system and surging/bucking For months, I had been experiencing one of the most annoying surging conditions on my '04 R1150RT; with the help of some of our chartered club members, we did a conscious valve adjustment, changed the fuel filter and TBS with little to no improvement. A...
  7. F

07 GSA brake surging

I recently bought an 07 GSA with 18K. Both front & rear brakes have a low speed surge/pulse. The rotors were replaced under warranty at 10k. I read a suggestion to sand the rotors for pad residue. This fixed about 50% of the surging. Any suggestions on aftermarket pads to deal with this or do I...
  8. happy wanderer

How to test R1100RT O2 sensor !

Rather than hijack WalkingEagle's valve lash thread which has swerved into other issues affecting surge on 1100 engines I thought I would ask this question here in another thread instead. It seems like all R259 engine performance threads lead into the dreaded surge one way or another. There is...
  9. B

Booster Plug - Early Impressions

I received my Booster Plug over the weekend and installed it on Sat. The unit is dirt simple to install and I was able to run the temperature sensor lead along the right side of the battery and to the front of the cowling with a wire fish. No side panel or cowling removal needed. While the...
  10. happy wanderer

Idle Regulating Valve (IRV) Question

Sorry for double posting. I have asked this question in another very long and old thread (Surging = Needs Service) but thought maybe someone out there would recognize this particular issue. My '96 R1100RT has an IRV, no O2 sensor and no CCP from the factory. I read kenk's old post (A BMW Fix to...
Back