• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just purchased a 2016 F800GT

Yesterday I purchased a 2016 F800GT with 1.8K miles, picked it up with my trailer and took it directly to the local BMW dealership for an annual service. When I get it back I will offer my views on a first ride.

Here's a pic:

F800GT-1.jpg

Here's a picture with GT bags.
I like the looks of the slimmer ST bags.
media.jpg

The ST bags come with a waterproof liner. Did the previous owner remember to include the liners?

Here's a picture with GT bags.
I like the looks of the slimmer ST bags.

The ST bags come with a waterproof liner. Did the previous owner remember to include the liners?
You know, I took the bags off before dropping off the bike at the local BMW dealership and I left them with the keys so I can't even open them up to see. :scratch

You know, I took the bags off before dropping off the bike at the local BMW dealership and I left them with the keys so I can't even open them up to see. :scratch

You can open them without a key unless you locked them.
We almost always left our unlocked.

Welcome! Enjoy your new bike! I bought a '13 5 years ago and love it! It's the perfect bike for me. Touring, short trips - all good!

This area of the bike looks the same as your bike.
Lee, I plugged the VIN into this website (https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls) and it came back as a 2016 F800GT. The local BMW dealer entered the VIN and confirmed it was a 2016 F800GT and my insurance company Geico confirmed the VIN as a 2016 F800GT. And one other bit of info: The F800ST was not produced in 2016. So, I don 't know WTH HSVPhil is on about ???? :dunno

I think they played with the fairings in the first GT year, some look like a GT, some still had a ST look from the ones I had seen

The different two tone paint and roundel placement makes them look different
VIN# should be accurate

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No doubt in my mind; ST bike. Still Fun if the Ergo's suit ya!

All I think that HSVPhil meant with his comment is the F800GT is definitely a SPORT-touring bike.. emphasis on SPORT, hence his comment about the ergo's. I don't believe he was implying that the OP got an F800ST.

Enjoy the bike, I have one too. They're great bikes and I personally love the stock ergo's which have a bit of a forward lean which balances perfectly when over 50mph or so.

I just got my F800GT back from the BMW dealership today. My first ride is tomorrow morning.

The seat seems awful low to me. Are there different seats for the 2016 F800GT? Stock seat and low seat?

Back