• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Just ordered a new GSA

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
It's time to experience purchasing and owning a brand-new motorcycle for the first time.

I've placed my order for a 2012 R1200GSA, "Triple Black", with virtually every option. The Triple Black GSA will look great parked in the garage next to the all-white RTP.

It will take a couple of weeks for the local dealer to obtain what I want, and you can bet I'll post pictures when the time comes!

rdalland, I like it your correction BUT, leaning it over in a corner implies movement and use, you could park a muddy bike. Either way our heads were in the same place.

Sounds great!

There's nothing quite like that New Bike Smell.

Congratulations on your new GSA purchase. I hope you like yours as well as I like mine. After three years, I still love that bike. BUT! It ain't triple black. So all I can say is .... I'm jealous. Cheers!

Congratulations OI, the Triple Black is one of the nicest color schemes produced IMO. Ride Safe

Just got a call from the dealer - they're gonna take $500 from me as a deposit to put my name on a bike on the assembly line in Berlin that will come to me with all of the options I want. It will take around two months for the bike to get built and shipped, but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait!

photo

BLACKMAT-600x398.jpg

makes me wish my legs weren't so short. (5'10" but only a 30" inseam).
hafta stick with the r12r.......

6507805211_7a276441d3_z.jpg

maybe i can have it painted black
:idea

:idea[/QUOTE]

I'm 5'11", and also have a 30" inseam.

I ride my RTP with the stock seat set at the middle height setting, and I can easily get the balls of both feet down on the ground. I feel no compelling need to flat-foot the bike I ride, whether it be the RTP or the GSA.

I've sat on a GSA in the showroom and it didn't feel too tall for me. I was able to get my toes on the ground with the bike on the center-stand, so I'm presuming I'll be able to touch the ground when the bike is off the center-stand.

If I'm an idiot, and I'm buying a bike that's too big for me, let me know before it's too late! :)

your feet will reach ground.
maybe not flat footed, but you will have sufficient contact.

2 feet flat-footed is highly over-rated, imo. nice, but over-rated.

BLACKMAT-600x398.jpg

:idea

A 5'7" riding friend owns an 1150GSADV and a 1200GSADV. He has a Sargent low seat. That's the only mod. He rides them fast and everywhere, on and off road. One of our most hilarious rides was on a forest road that had been washed out by heavy rains in a number of places. Numerous water crossings, soft dirt/sand, and nature made ditches. He never dropped the supertanker but oh did we howl with laughter as we planned our lines.
lol.gif

Back