• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New guy in South Dakota

limeymike

Hi, I am located in Sioux Falls and new to BMWs but not to motorcycles. After several years without a bike I got the itch and found a nice 1986 R80RT that I am getting back to 100% after it sat for a couple of years. The seat has a tear and though it does run there are some tune up items needing attention. I have been on this site in the past and have been impressed with the level of knowledge on the older machinery. Looking forward to being involved in the airhead community. :drink:thumb

Picture134.jpg

DaMike -

Welcome to BMW and the forum! You've found the Airhead area, so you're off and running. Are you planning on making the National Rally in Sedalia?

Welcome to the MOA and the forum.:wave

There is a local BMW MOA chartered club based around Sioux Falls, the Autobahn Society. Although I have moved south to Nebraska, I am still a member. The following, from the newsletter, details meet and eat sessions.

April 11: Hartford Steak House, Hartford, SD
April 18: Overtime Sports Grill, 4529 E 26th, SxFlls (old Keg)
April 21: (Sat) Hendrix Taco Feed
April 25: Guadalajara Mex. Rest., 5309 W 41st, SxFlls
May 2: Hidden Hills Caf?®, Main Street, Hills, MN
May 9: Gateway Lounge, 3408 S Gateway Blvd., SxFlls
May 16: The Old Dutch Inn, Dell Rapids, SD
May 23: Red Rossa, 3412 S Western, SxFlls
May 30: Black Angus, Main St., Canton, SD
------------------------
Saturday Morning Breakfast
Grandma MaxÔÇÖs/LoveÔÇÖs
N. Cliff & I-90, SxFlls
8:00 am.
They do not accept checks but do take cash & credit cards.

ROMEOÔÇÖS (Retired Old Men Eating Out) meet Sunday thru Friday for
breakfast at DareoÔÇÖs on S. Minnesota, Sx.Flls.

Lots of Airhead riders in this group. The Wednesday sessions start around 6 PM and the Saturday sessions start around 8 AM. Stop by to kick tires, all are welcome. Hope you can make it. :eat

tb

DaMike -

Welcome to BMW and the forum! You've found the Airhead area, so you're off and running. Are you planning on making the National Rally in Sedalia?

Yes, Sedalia is on the list for this year, a nice run south and not too far.

Welcome to the MOA and the forum.:wave

There is a local BMW MOA chartered club based around Sioux Falls, the Autobahn Society. Although I have moved south to Nebraska, I am still a member. The following, from the newsletter, details meet and eat sessions.

April 11: Hartford Steak House, Hartford, SD
April 18: Overtime Sports Grill, 4529 E 26th, SxFlls (old Keg)
April 21: (Sat) Hendrix Taco Feed
April 25: Guadalajara Mex. Rest., 5309 W 41st, SxFlls
May 2: Hidden Hills Caf?®, Main Street, Hills, MN
May 9: Gateway Lounge, 3408 S Gateway Blvd., SxFlls
May 16: The Old Dutch Inn, Dell Rapids, SD
May 23: Red Rossa, 3412 S Western, SxFlls
May 30: Black Angus, Main St., Canton, SD
------------------------
Saturday Morning Breakfast
Grandma Max’s/Love’s
N. Cliff & I-90, SxFlls
8:00 am.
They do not accept checks but do take cash & credit cards.

ROMEO’S (Retired Old Men Eating Out) meet Sunday thru Friday for
breakfast at Dareo’s on S. Minnesota, Sx.Flls.

Lots of Airhead riders in this group. The Wednesday sessions start around 6 PM and the Saturday sessions start around 8 AM. Stop by to kick tires, all are welcome. Hope you can make it. :eat

tb

Thanks Bullit, I just found their website and it's great there is a local club right here in town.

Welcome, nice looking Airhead. I'm glad to see that Tom posted the info on our club meetings. I hope to see you soon. My R1100RT is down at the present, I,m working on it when I can near Yankton, SD. My "mentor" is a very skilled BMW airhead mechanic. I hope to be at breakfast this Sat. Gary (the Prez) Johnson.

Welcome, nice looking Airhead. I'm glad to see that Tom posted the info on our club meetings. I hope to see you soon. My R1100RT is down at the present, I,m working on it when I can near Yankton, SD. My "mentor" is a very skilled BMW airhead mechanic. I hope to be at breakfast this Sat. Gary (the Prez) Johnson.

Thanks Gary. I met JoAnn and her husband over at CarGuys in Tea and they explained about the club and activities. With my work schedule I haven't had a chance to make a meeting yet but look forward to meeting you asap. Is there a good airhead mechanic in the SF area?

Back