• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Test Ride Warning!!

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
Well, how do I say this, I just got a new KGT 1300

DSC04911.jpg

Wow what a bike!

I am going to miss my RT, I needed it to close the deal on the GT or would have kept it. :(

At least i can take solace with the GT.:dance

Had a 50ish mile ride home and it was just absolutely fantastic - love everything about the bike except the switchgear, actually let me claify that - the overall switchgear is fine - it is the UJM turn signals - I now need to relearn how to put the stupid signals on!! - they should have left that alone.

:thumb:thumb for Max BMW and crew, they worked an awesome deal for me, swapped out the switchgear as the windshield adjust wasn't working and i was on my way.

By the way - if you road test one of these babies, bring your wallet!!

Can't wait to put some saddle time in tomorrow.

Wish I could have kept the RT.......

Pretty, Semper-Fi! Congratulations on a magnificent bike. Thank you for all you do.

Pretty, Semper-Fi! Congratulations on a magnificent bike. Thank you for all you do.

Yeah sure, " I will be at the Vanilla Bean on a Blue RT" the man says.

Now that your taking the Express, maybe I should get there early.

Sweet ride :thumb

SWEET ...nice bike! I know how that can happen:whistle

sure is smooth isn't it!

It's a definate wolf in sheeps clothing - in one sitution it is trolling along in 3rd in the back roads and the next I am clamping on ALL binders as the tach is hitting 8K and i have run out of room and the thing showed NOOO sign off getting close to running out of wind.

WOW!

Just finished waxing the bike and at one point the bike had three different colors as the sun was shining on it, a burnt copper, to a metalic orange and then to a red.

Luis

I don't consider it to be "in sheeps clothing" at all, it looks mean as hell and it is. On the 1200's you have to learn how to tame it too, it does not suffer fools gladly.

You need to find longer roads.

Gilly

Really Nice GT! I love the color too. I came very close to buying the same bike , but my '05 red RT is just such a sweet ride, I couldn't get myself to part with it. What was your "tipping point"?

Congrats luis. Aint it just a rocket? Just did the same thing a week ago. Got just a 1000 miles on the clock now. The thing gets into triple digits in a heartbeat.
Smooth as silk. Enjoy.

VERY NICE- Many happy miles.

I am a couple of hours north of Max. Good thing they aren't closer.........................

I don't consider it to be "in sheeps clothing" at all, it looks mean as hell and it is. On the 1200's you have to learn how to tame it too, it does not suffer fools gladly.

You need to find longer roads.

Gilly

I hear you on both accounts - I was making the reference of the broad spectrum the bike is capable of - for those who are not familiar it looks like a regular bike, until they see the big red S, or should I say Blue/White roundel

Nice bike, but why do ya wish you could have kept the RT!

I did so much work to my RT, adjusting this readjusting that, getting my gerbing controller in just the right area of the left front fairing for ease of access, GPS mountuing (I ran the wire harness to my GPS twice to get it where I wanted) stuff like that - actually the bike is exactly how I wanted it - so it was time to trade - but seriously all the work put in the and enjoyment returned.

Really Nice GT! I love the color too. I came very close to buying the same bike , but my '05 red RT is just such a sweet ride, I couldn't get myself to part with it. What was your "tipping point"?

Excellent question - never thought of it in that perspective. There were several:

- all the ride reports both in mgazines and this and other forums were glowing so the only logical thing to do was ride the bike myself and see what the hoopala was about.

From the ride test I toke away several things:

- solid as a rock, you ride it where you want and the bike/suspension/frame position ergonomics does the rest
- I had ESA on the RT and thought it was the next best thing to sliced bread, the ESA II on the GT is a step above - if you like ESA you will love the next gen
- Cockpit fit - I find the GT more roomier, I also like the seat, the RT stock seat was ok, this one is firmer and I have more room to move around. The additional firmness supports me better and am more comfortable - that was a big plus
- and the final item to win me over, the engine - incredible and I love the exhaust tone when running up thru the gears - it sounds like a turbine and the power keeps coming. Power delivery is not like a switch but more like an everygrowing tsunami, I found myself laughing a few times and I wasn't event in the "angry zone" of the power band

VERY NICE- Many happy miles.

I am a couple of hours north of Max. Good thing they aren't closer.........................

I hear that - great shop and guys but I can never seem to leave empty handed!!

Congrats luis. Aint it just a rocket? Just did the same thing a week ago. Got just a 1000 miles on the clock now. The thing gets into triple digits in a heartbeat.
Smooth as silk. Enjoy.

You know this bike is a blast - it will rip a hole in the highway at a moments notice and tonight my wife and I went on a leisurely coastal ride as the sun set and I think I got it into 4th twice, the rest of the time just trolling along - not even breaking a sweat!!

Back