• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What to do with old helmets? My wife found a solution

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
I have enough stuff I'm storing that I'd rather not include old helmets in that list. My wife did some research and found out that the local EMTs can use old helmets for training purposes. Sounds like a good use for an old helmet, and it just could save/help someone.

Donating is a great way to dispose of old helmets. Another is to cut a circular hole in the crown an make a plant holder out of it.

I always thought the point was to retain them, if only as objets d'art; never viewed them as a problem in need of a solution. Of course, I never thought to ask for my wife's input either. I guess I'll put that in the accidental win column.

Helmets - Copy.jpg

Back