• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Question for campers

Cold Air Mattress - Cot

Part of the reason I started sleeping on a cot was I felt that the coolness of the ground seemed to be coming right up through the air mattress to me. I started sleeping on a cot about 8 years ago and have found it makes a huge difference. The challenge was finding a cot that was comfortable as well as packing small/light and easy to assemble/disassemble. The Luxury Lite cot is the best so far, sure it seems expensive, but it really is comfortable and really works as advertised.

Small tip:)

IF you carry a bike cover, its works swell too for extra warmth wrapped around your bag. Works:). I use BA products too, all good. The thermal pads are the best, as air matresses are very cold magnets of chill! REI thumbs up. More pricey but get your dollars worth:) and complete customer support/satisfaction. Randy:thumb

Totally agree on that. I originally bought the insulated Air Core mattress and that thing was like a heated blanket, too hot IMO for summer camping. The regular Air Core was perfect, insulated better than my (very) old Thermarest 1" pad, packs a lot smaller to boot. Plus, with the regular Air Core you can use one side down for hot weather, and the other (insulated) side down for cold.

Paul and I loved Hot Hands, chemical packets that add heat when we camped last night at the RA Rally in Copper Mountain, CO. 33 degrees is cold without them.

Voni
sMiling

Roy - we should of talked at Pemi - Roy B & I have / uses down air mattresses by Exped. And I also uses their Waterbloc 600 down bag - I can uses in rain outside the tent as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKaM3zGqRsk
Everyone gets cold differently

Very nice, but way to much overkill for the amount of camping that I do. I'm looking at the Big Angus Encampment 15 degree which looks to fill all of my camping needs. See you at Damm Yankee.

Paul and I loved Hot Hands, chemical packets that add heat when we camped last night at the RA Rally in Copper Mountain, CO. 33 degrees is cold without them.

Be careful of those things. Keep your face out out of the bag and in the fresh air. Some types can poison you.

Very nice, but way to much overkill for the amount of camping that I do. I'm looking at the Big Angus Encampment 15 degree which looks to fill all of my camping needs. See you at Damm Yankee.

I've had my BA Encampmet 15 for a couple years now and love it. I camp mostly in the midwest and the lowest temps I've used it were in the upper thirties. I've always been very comfortable.

I don't think keeping warm is going to be a major concern in Sedalia though. ;-)

camp

I got cold at the RA rally sleeping inside a Sierra Designs mummy bag that is rated down to 30 degrees and packs up nice and small. I was also on a Thermarest self inflating pad. I'm pretty cold natured so maybe others wouldn't have been. I'm sure we won't be complaining of the cold come July in Missouri.

I have the Marmot sleeping bag rated down to 30 degrees and a thermarest pad and more often than not, it's too hot instead of not warm enough. It's not cheap, but you can sleep on those cold days, worth it to me.

Back