• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Very Functional Shop Tool

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
DISCLAIMER - I am not affiliated with Pitbull their subsidiaries or anything related to them.

Just happened to have bought one of their products.

For those wanting to get the front wheel up for servicing their KGT you need to get a lift, there is one provided by BMW, but as all things Roundel, bring more wallet. :lurk

I ended up getting the pitbull fork lift and it is really easy to work.

Here's the unit

DSC05779.jpg

Here is the unit in place to lift the front of the bike

DSC05778.jpg

And here is the front lifted up - it went up with one hand, took immediate advantage to clean the front rim!!

It also went down with one hand - very easy to control, good leverage.

This cost less that half of the BMW style.

It can also work on Hex RT's and ST's

DSC05777.jpg

Looks slick! Could it be used for tire changes?

That is exactly what i bought it for.

When I need to replace the front tire there is no clean way of lifting the front end.

You put the bike on the centerstand - clip in and push down on the pit bull and you can easily take the fronk wheel off

i have one of these for my hp2 enduro... and use it for tire changes. (hp2 has no centerstand...)

it's very high quality and works well, but you must be very careful in mating it to the forks before lifting. if it's even just a bit out of line, it compresses the fork legs unequally and make it difficult to re-insert the axle.

this, of course, does not apply to wedgie bikes. :ha

i bought the front and rear jacks for less than what BMW charges for the single shop stand for my bike. :rolleyes

ian

I got one last month..I got tired of putting 45lb weight plates on the rear rack of the bikes to do the fronts easily. And before I put the centerstand on the K12S, they sure make life easier. I borrowed a buddies rear one for the EVO drive hole and have one coming next week for use on the other non- centerstand friends that stop by.
My only lesson was to loosen the axle pinch bolt BEFORE lifting the front forks as it was blocked by the PitBulls cushions ..I think it was on the GSA :laugh Only did that once...easy fix, but still a learning curve:scratch

Great product and decent pricing for a long term shop tool

Nice to see it looks like the same model I got for my 2000 K12 - since I am workin toward the new 13S......My question is, do you need to remove the rear wheel before you raise the front? I have 1/2" longer suspension f/r on my '00 and must put it on the center stand on a 2x6, then remove the rear wheel before raising the front. No problem since I noramally am using it to remove both to mount new tires, but I was curious. I assume the special rear axle-hole stand eliminates this issue anyway?

The pictures shown is how I lifted the bike - stock wheels/suspension.

I put the bike on the centerstand, aligned the pitbull - pushed down and viola.

The back wheel did touch the garage floor - but there was no pivoting off of the center-stand

I never met a tool I didn't like!

Pardon my noobness, but are the front tire grooves going from outy to inny? I'm used to seeing that type of tread reverse of that. ??

...... but are the front tire grooves going from outy to inny? I'm used to seeing that type of tread reverse of that. ??

That is set up for water evacuation as the front tire rolls forward.

Pilot Road 2's have an even more pronounced pattern, almost V like

Attachments

• 6064[1].jpg
    6064[1].jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 317
To continue the highjack for one more post - they are my favorite tire.

When i burn thru my current pair of Z6's I am going to PR2's

Hey, nice stand. Need to get front and back for our son's Monster (no center stand).

Not to hijack, but now that someone else mentioned it- yes, new front tires Do look like they were designed backwards. Check out my front tire.

BTW, I went from Z6 to PR2 tires also. NOT going back- those Pilot Road 2's feel great on the K.

(pay no attention to the torn apart K- clutch friction plate and "O"ring plus lots of other stuff. That was a few weeks ago and it runs GREAT now)

3773818056_c0208cc1af.jpg

Hey, nice stand. Need to get front and back for our son's Monster (no center stand).

Not to hijack, but now that someone else mentioned it- yes, new front tires Do look like they were designed backwards. Check out my front tire.

BTW, I went from Z6 to PR2 tires also. NOT going back- those Pilot Road 2's feel great on the K.

(pay no attention to the torn apart K- clutch friction plate and "O"ring plus lots of other stuff. That was a few weeks ago and it runs GREAT now)

3773818056_c0208cc1af.jpg

Very well organized work area - pretty invasive work though!! :lurk

Semper Fi,

Thanks. FAR more invasive than I ever thought I would need to be on this bike.

3773008005_c63eaf834e_b.jpg

But I worked my way slowly and carefully through the disassembly- labeling and drawing what I did. I ordered (thanks Rusty @ MaxBMW) and replaced the friction plate, "O"ring and rear engine seal. Then I just re-assembled what I had taken apart.

But this has me confident that I can do just about ANYTHING on the K.

BTW- thanks again for the work stand reminder- the Duc needs them.

My stands came with my bike - a garage/ driveway is a functional shop tool to me.
Just be careful of the ABS cable on the front :thumb

Semper Fi,

Thanks. FAR more invasive than I ever thought I would need to be on this bike.

3773008005_c63eaf834e_b.jpg

But I worked my way slowly and carefully through the disassembly- labeling and drawing what I did. I ordered (thanks Rusty @ MaxBMW) and replaced the friction plate, "O"ring and rear engine seal. Then I just re-assembled what I had taken apart.

But this has me confident that I can do just about ANYTHING on the K.

BTW- thanks again for the work stand reminder- the Duc needs them.

Fabulous!!

Two :thumb :thumb for the crew at Max!!

Yes, very neat and clean. I had to tie my front down to prevent it from rolling forward or tipping over when I hoisted the rear. Also very interesting that you were able to remove the shaft and trans as a unit. I figured one should be able to do that, and it surely would have been nicer than having to remove the huge bolts at the swing arm bearing. Was it relatively 'easy' to pull it as a unit?

Other question, back to the thread on the front stand....does a standard Ducati style rear stand work for the K12/13 rear, or does it really require a BMW specific stand?

K13S fyi

So, I now have my K1300S and tried my Pit Bull stand on the front. Before I got it all the way up, I could tell that the rear tire was touching and that it was going to be lifting off the center stand. Not sure if it matters but my suspension was set Two-Up w/ Luggage. So, as with my K12RS, I will be removing the rear wheel before using the front stand. This way, I will always have the necessary stability behind the articulation of the steering head. But since I will generally be using it for the purpose of replacing the tires, this simply determines the order of work.

Back