• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Help! How can I get my hazard lights off?

ROTTEN

I have never used the hazard lights on my RT. Tonight I tried them but now can't get them off. Any tips? The owner's manual didn't help.

I've pushed little button that so many times it's about to fall off. Is there a fuse just for the flasher that I can pull?

I think on my bike I have to turn the key back on and then turn off the flashers.

But neither of my Beemers are Oilheads so it could be completely different on your bike.

On my 06 RT I turn on the flashers by thumbing both turn signal switchs at the same time. I cancel them by hitting either turn signal then hit the cancel switch

Hey Rotten:

I have a 1996 R1100RS, I believe all oilheads up to 2004 are very similar but...
If yours is the same as mine, the flasher unit is inside the fuse box, center row, far right(biggest module in the box).
If you remove it, you will have no turn signals(perhaps a lesser evil than full time hazards).

The unit accepts 4 inputs:
Left turn.
Right turn.
Turn signal cancel.
Hazard.

I'm not sure what would cause it to behave this way but I would clean the flasher unit connector contacts, and the hazard switch contacts, before replacing the flasher unit.

Well it looks like the Kisan Signal Minder was the culprit. The previous owner had installed it and fortunately included the original flasher in the "goodie box".

Things work fine now - thanks for all of your responses and help.

Ancient Chineese Secret: He who adds extra crap to his scooter has
Has extra problems

+1 Like the guy that complained about his headlight not working at the Gillette Rally this year. rode all the way home with flashlights. then discovered his headlight modulater had quit. :brow

Back