• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hotel options for MOA Rally 2019

DBCasey

Enjoy the ride!
Since the 2019 Rally is in the state directly south of me, I went ahead and tried making hotel reservations in Lebanon. Now I appreciate the folks who choose to camp, but after 30+ years in the military I've had my fill of tents. Plus my Mrs will be joining me for the first time at the 2019 Rally on her first BMW. A (new to her) F800GT! Her idea of "roughing it" is using the hotel's hair dryer! But I'm fine with that too!

Hotels in and around the Rally site are already filling up. If you intend to stay in a hotel, I'd suggest you make a reservation now. You can always cancel it later if needed or give it to a fellow MOA'er. I booked in the Econolodge that's about 10 minutes from the Rally site and they we're almost filled up as of earlier today.

I applaud the MOA BoD for moving the Rally dates to June. It can't be any hotter than July already is, and it opens the door for more Southern areas to host a Rally.

See you all in Lebanon!

DBC

2019 hotel room booked

I booked the Hampton Inn for a week. Due to work, I've missed the last 3 years, so looking forward to next year. Also bringing a friend with me; this will be his first rally! :)

moa 2019 rally

I'm not familiar with the area .... coming from Tampa.....is this at the Wilson County Fairgrounds? I've reserved a hotel in Lebanon (sleep inn and suites) and wonder if I can get closer. suggestions?
thanks
cliff fowler #215509
cefowcs60@gmail.com

Since the 2019 Rally is in the state directly south of me, I went ahead and tried making hotel reservations in Lebanon. Now I appreciate the folks who choose to camp, but after 30+ years in the military I've had my fill of tents. Plus my Mrs will be joining me for the first time at the 2019 Rally on her first BMW. A (new to her) F800GT! Her idea of "roughing it" is using the hotel's hair dryer! But I'm fine with that too!

Hotels in and around the Rally site are already filling up. If you intend to stay in a hotel, I'd suggest you make a reservation now. You can always cancel it later if needed or give it to a fellow MOA'er. I booked in the Econolodge that's about 10 minutes from the Rally site and they we're almost filled up as of earlier today.

I applaud the MOA BoD for moving the Rally dates to June. It can't be any hotter than July already is, and it opens the door for more Southern areas to host a Rally.

See you all in Lebanon!

DBC

Bonnaroo the same weekend as the Rally

I'm sure many of us already know that Bonnaroo is in Manchester, Tn the same weekend as the rally.

For those that aren't familiar with Bonnaroo, it's one of the largest music festivals in America. Typically the festival exceeds 80,000 attendees. Manchester is about 60 miles south of Lebanon.

https://www.bonnaroo.com/

So if you plan to stay in a hotel...book early. Some of the newer hotels are already fully booked.

Mike

Some of the newer hotels are already fully booked.

When there isn't availability of reasonably priced accommodations, many will stay home.
And when you combine that with lack-luster vendor participation, my guess is that this rally will be one of the least attended.

Joe

When there isn't availability of reasonably priced accommodations, many will stay home.
And when you combine that with lack-luster vendor participation, my guess is that this rally will be one of the least attended.

Joe

We shall see whether what history teaches remains true. Rally attendance has almost always been higher at locations east of the Mississippi and lowest in the plains and intermountain west, with some increase in the very far west. That is a function of membership density in the east and California.

At the same time, it seems that rally attendance has declined overall - but also note that BMW MOA membership has declined 25% since its peak at the turn of the century. The proportion of rally attendees camping has declined over the years and the proportion who prefer to stay at hotels has increased. Miserable hot and humid weather at rallies has helped this trend. Also, the old-time rally goers who have attended a couple of dozen or more national rallies are reaching the age that camping in the mud or sleeping in a hog barn is not as appealing as it used to be.

I have neither researched typical June weather for Lebanon, TN, nor the number of hotel rooms available in the vicinity. But my hunch given the June date and the rally location is that attendance will be up 25% over the past couple of years. Nine months from now I will know whether I am full of it or not.

Glenlivet and I have a room at the Days Inn Wyndham. The furry copilot doesn't do well in heat and humidity so just in case...

6.jpg

Hats off to the Lebanon ladies that were at the Lebanon Booth in Des Moines representing the ‘19 site. They told me that they didn’t announce that the MOA was going to be in town. That meant the early birds wouldn’t be gouged like most are/do for accommodation. Very soon after Des Moines, I got a room at a fair price and cancelable.

Charlie

In my "neck of the woods" June is the hottest month of the year.

July with the monsoon clouds has always tended to be easier riding for Wanda and me.

As we get older it just gets harder to ride in temps in and above the 100s.

But its a dry heat, donch ya know ;)

Deryle & Wanda Mehrten
Sierra Vista, AZ USA

We are dragging our 5th wheel and staying at the KOA 10 minutes from the Ag Center. This gives us plenty of room for the dogs.

Hats off to the Lebanon ladies that were at the Lebanon Booth in Des Moines representing the ‘19 site. They told me that they didn’t announce that the MOA was going to be in town. That meant the early birds wouldn’t be gouged like most are/do for accommodation. Very soon after Des Moines, I got a room at a fair price and cancelable.

Charlie

Did you hear the copperhead snake story?

I booked in the Econolodge that's about 10 minutes from the Rally site and they we're almost filled up as of earlier today.

DBC

We reserved a room yesterday at the Econo Lodge 2.5 miles from the rally for $72 with a discount. Nice to see the price was not jacked up.
Days Inn across the road showed rooms available at a similar rate.
We didn't get much sleep tenting last year, so we'll see how the motel thing works out.

Last edited:
We reserved a room yesterday at the Econolodge 2.5 miles from the rally for $72 with a discount. Nice to see the price was not jacked up.
Days Inn across the road showed room available at a similar rate.
We didn't get much sleep last year, so we'll see how the motel thing works out.

How bad can it be, seeing we've stayed at the Gordon. :laugh

We reserved a room yesterday at the Econolodge 2.5 miles from the rally for $72 with a discount. Nice to see the price was not jacked up.
Days Inn across the road showed room available at a similar rate.
We didn't get much sleep last year, so we'll see how the motel thing works out.
We're at La Quinta. Econolodge shows booked on the web site. I didn't call. :dance

I've got four rooms booked at the Days Inn on Cumberland St., for our club members who will be attending from Nova Scotia.

Glenfiddich, Lee, CABNFVR, etc., there seems to be a good number of us staying in that small triangle, Days Inn, La Quinta, and the Econo Lodge. We should look at a get-together, perhaps for dinner at Los Compadres, if it's a good restaurant.

Back