• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

N.O.S. (New Old Stock)

jonfwhite

Hi,

I joined MOA back in the 80's when living in the Bahamas and travelling to the States for work commitments. Have been a Life Member since then.

Started riding BM's in the 70's on a new R60/6 (doesn't time fly when your having fun) even spending our honeymoon at the Isle of Man TT races and then southern France on our 1977 R100S - should never have sold it - and have ridden ever since.

Presently riding a 1998 R1100RT and a 1973 SWB R75/5 (which has its own story).

Finally getting around to introducing myself after lurking on the site for some time reading other intro's etc.

Anybody visiting the UK and wanting information on the beautiful N.E. ( York Minster, Durham Cathedral and the fabulous riding nearby ) feel free to get in touch.

Will try and post pics when I work out how to re-size them to suit the parameters.

Cheers,

John.

Welcome -

And as a guy from good (presumed) English stock I should visit...... And try and avoid the instinct to ride on the proper side of the road lest I get run over.:deal

On the photos, most of us simply use a service like Photobucket - upload them there and paste the link in. Better than trying to resize pictures.:stick

Bryan Whitehead
Chicago

welcome to the forum! i lived just (yes, i realize "justs" vary from country to country) over the "border" in Stirling for a bit back around the turn of the century. i think i may have rode a moped there once, but it was dark and i was confused.

Good to have you! I would love to ride around your part of the world sometime.

welcome to the forum! i lived just (yes, i realize "justs" vary from country to country) over the "border" in Stirling for a bit back around the turn of the century. i think i may have rode a moped there once, but it was dark and i was confused.

Hi, Derek,
It's a small world. I lived in Ireland in the late '70's and once had to visit our (at the time) factories in Falkirk and Sterling.

Back